It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board

• Please, Desparately Need Help, Can't Take Much More!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-05-2005, 10:13 PM   #1
    MMS1
    (male)

MMS1 HB UserMMS1 HB User
    Please, Desparately Need Help, Can't Take Much More!!

I've already posted a thread about three weeks ago in "Hearing Disorder"s under "Sudden Hearing Loss and I'm Scared" which explains the whole problem, although I never got a response and now I'm crawling the walls in PANIC and ANXIETY attacks!! The problem started a little over four weeks ago when shortly after waking up, I was at my computer and after simply swallowing, my right ear plugged completly up and I could'nt hear anything.
    I've always had sinus problems but this particular morning I felt fine,, it just happened for NO appearant reason! After not being able to clear it up and starting to panic, a day and a half later I went to the emergency room where the doctor saw Nothing in my ear. He said it was "Probably" a swollen eustachian tube and gave me a heavy decongestant to keep it from getting more irritated.
    Well,, it was on a Saturday that I went to the E.R. and by Monday I checked out an ENT guy that my sister uses. He looked in and also saw nothing. The following day (Tuesday) I was scheduled for a complete hearing test and was labled as Sudden Hearing Loss! The test showed that I had lost 85db of hearing which was SEVERE so I was immediately put on Prednisone for ten days.
    Well, when this thing problem first occured I tried putting the phone receiver to my right ear to see if I could hear the dial tone. I'd have to press the receiver tight to my head and could only hear a very low Hum. I could'nt hear anything such as keys jingling, or I'd try tapping certain objects by my ear and would barely hear certain noises as a very low and DULL thump
    (barely)! I have to note I also had a constant high pitch LOUD squealing (tinnitis) in my right ear all the time!
    I would keep cotton in that ear just to keep outside noises from irritating the situation (which they seemed to do). Then after five days into the Prednisone, I took the cotton out and clicked my finger nails in front of my ear and I could faintly hear it!! So,, I picked up the phone and found I could hear the dial tone (although softly and kind of dull)! I continued trying different noises by my ear and low and behold I could hear something!
    My doctor said it was a good sign that I started getting some hearing back that soon.
    Anyhow,, within the following week I did'nt notice much more improvement. Although, a few days after this started, I would get occasionaly tinny, distorted echoes from my voice and outside voices (if they were a little loud) and that progressively became more frequent as the hearing started coming back and has continued getting worse up till the current time.
    It seemed about two weeks after the day I noticed some hearing returning, that even more hearing has returned. Now when I listen to the phone dial tone,, it seems almost as loud in my right ear as my good ear. However, it's a bit dull. I still walk around with cotton in my ear all the time since outside noises get a bit irritating since they're dull and kind of muffled and if someone talks a bit loud, I get that horrible distorted tinny sound! If I don't press my right ear tightly shut when I talk my voice sounds like it's coming out of a "cheap" radio speaker or mechanical. I'm constantly pulling the cotton out of my ear and holding my good ear shut to see how much I can hear and it sounds muffled. If there's background noise, I can't make out words on the TV.
    Since the beginning I've been having daily and nightly panic attacks. I'm currently on Xanax. I'm supposed to take .5mg to get me to sleep. I had'nt slept for the first week and a half except maybe two hours a night. Then I'd wake up to realize the situation is the same and would jump out of bed in hysteria!! It's taken it's toll on my wife, as now she's P.O'd at my constantly complaining and non-stop Panic/anxiety attacks. The Xanax get's me to sleep within 45minutes or less after I take it, but I'm up within four hours later and can't get back to sleep. So, I wind up taking half a pill (.25mg) and fall asleep another hour or so and wake up to Anxiety attacks all day and night!!
    I tried "Valerian" (natural herb known for it's calming effect) and it really took the edge off for the first few days, but now a week or so later,, it does NOTHING!!! I don't want to start taking Xanax or other drugs all day and getting into that routine, but it's gotten to the point that Four weeks and two days after the onset of this thing,,and after it seemed to start getting a little better,, it's still unbearably annoying and my panic and anxiety is growing!! I'm afraid it's gotten to this point and now won't get any better!!! Although alot of people keep telling me it will just take some more time! My wife is at's wit's end with me (we've been married over thirty years, we're both 53) and now I'm climbing the walls not knowing if this will ever get better or what to do now!!!!
    I was supposed to get an MRI shortly after this started, but I get VERY CLAUSTOPHOBIC even in Open MRI's and for this one to have a "cage" put on my head,, I don't know how I'll ever get through that for an HOUR! But I have resorted to call this week for an appt. I'll just have to take a double dose of my Xanax!
    If you've made it this far down my "thread",, then all I can say is THANKS SO MUCH for the interest! Does anyone have any feelings or experience with any of this? Any Help would be GRATIOUSLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!! Thank you all!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2005, 01:48 PM   #2
    Crazymotorbiker
    (male)

Crazymotorbiker HB User
    Re: Please, Desparately Need Help, Can't Take Much More!!

Hey,
    I know exactly how your feeling. About 6 months ago i started having problems with my hearing. I felt like i'd lost alot of hearing in one ear. This all came about after a long trip on my motorbike. When i got home alot of my hearing had gone. For the first few days i was hoping it would return. After that my life spiralled down. I can't describe in words how it felt, but the whole of my life crashed.I couldn't get up in the moring to go to work, i couldn't even find the energy in me to leave the house. I just thought my life was over.The other problem i found was that people didn't listen to me, nobody belived what i was telling them or could feel what i was going through. I felt like the lonliest person in the world, no one to turn to, no shoulder to cry on.

After a month my hearing started to improve and the ringing subsided. I got an appointment at the ENT and found all my hearing had returned, and he told me that it was more than likely due to blocked eustation tubes. All the ringing and all the hearing loss was due to me getting a cold and my tubes been blocked. After that i just got better and better. The fear subsided and my life started to rebuild itself. I found that if i was stressed my hearing would get worse again, but as soon as i relaxed and tried to forget about the problem it would get better. In fact i found an article linking stress to hearing loss.
    Its taken me the best part of 6 months to rebuild my life. I've felt like i couldn't go on no more,but i came out the otherside, and saw that life is worth living.And i feel a stronger person for it.

Hang on in there.I've been in your position, i've been on the antidepresants and i've felt like there was no way out. But thats not the case. Fear is your worst enemy, let it consume you and it will drag you down and break you.
    Shaun.

Last edited by Crazymotorbiker; 03-06-2005 at 01:55 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Crazymotorbiker For This Useful Post:
    lisel von trapp (07-02-2012)
    Old 03-06-2005, 02:54 PM   #3
    Boomerue
    (female)

Boomerue HB User

Hi , I am in the same boat as you are, I have had the ear problem for 14 years.
    A few years ago, for some reason every thing that I went through, went away, I dont know why, one day I woke up, the ringing in my left ear had gone, the headaches everything.
    Then 2 years ago I had to get new dentures put in, well after a few months, the humming came back in my leaft ear, then the fuzzy head, and the neck aches, and the shoulder pain, I too feel like you, it is like the end of the world.
    It makes you depressed, and you feel like no one cares.
    I went and got new dentures 3 weeks ago, the dental guy said my bite needed to be opened wider, at the momment, ther eis no change, and in fact, I think it has got worse, it is now in my right ear a clogged up head, the humming.
    Somedays I feel like I cant go to work, noises are grating on my nerves, and I feel like my ears are so clogged up.
    I have lost a lot of hearing in my left ear, dont know how much in the right.
    The ent guy said that I have got osclol a thinning of the skin in the ears he said it could be herederty, and I must have had a lot of ear infections when I was young, sometimes when I talk, it seems to eacho in the ears and getting on the phone, is the worse.
    We just have to hang in there, I know how you feel, one time there I felt like I did not want to live, and still get days like that.
    boomerue

Old 03-22-2005, 08:46 PM   #4
    MMS1
    (male)

MMS1 HB UserMMS1 HB User

Boomerue,
    How did your hearing loss come about? As I outlined in my post, mine came in a split second and for no appearant reason!! As I mentioned, while on the Prednisone a little hearing came back and then a week or so after I was off it, a little more. However, it's been over seven weeks since this thing began and I still have quite a ways to go. A few times, like this last Sunday, it seemed as though I was noticing a little bit improvement in the hearing. I did'nt want to get too excited since this has happened a couple other times in the past few weeks, where I feel it's going to start to all come back,, then the next day I'm back to where I was before that day. Very DEPRESSING AND FRUSTRATING!!
    Since three days after the onset of this thing, I noticed occasionally with louder noises, some distortion (peoples voices, including my own would sound doubled and tinny, kind of like talking through a distorted speaker) in my bad ear. The thing that bothers me now is that with the hearing a little better (although still low, muted and muffled) the distortion gets more prominant. This is maddning since I have to keep cotton in my ear and hold it tight when I talk, or my voice sounds robotic if I speak anything louder then a low voice. I get the same thing when someone is talking to me!
    I had an MRI last week which came back Ok. My ENT Dr. scheduled me for another hearing test this Friday to see how much my hearing has improved. However, he still thinks it's a viral infection that attacked the nerve and there's no way of telling how much this will improve. The only other option he suggested on the phone (we're supposed to talk more when I have the hearing test) is a Steroid injection! I've read to many scarey things about that. Even he said it's NOT without risks! You may get some hearing back, you may not get any benefit from it,, and you could go completely deaf from it! Not to mention the side effects!!
    Anyhow,, that's my update. I have daily and nightly depression along with non-stop anxiety and panic attacks for the past seven weeks! I take .5mg of Xanax to get to sleep but it only keeps me asleep for two or three hours then I have to take another half a tab. I was prescribed Trazodone (50mg) for sleeping which I tried a few nights but it did'nt help. I was also prescribed Lexapro for the daily and nightly anxiety attacks and depression, but have'nt filled it because of all the negative feedback I've read about taking "anti-depressants"! I don't want to become all dependant on narcotics and the side effects and dependancy that they bring,, but can't continue like I have been!
    Hope things are MUCH BETTER for you and thanks for the response.

MMS1

Old 03-22-2005, 09:07 PM   #5
    MMS1
    (male)

MMS1 HB UserMMS1 HB User

Hi Crazymotorbiker,
    Thanks for your input! Sorry, I have'nt replied before now, but I've really fallen into a deep state of depression and anxiety from all this Sometimes from reading this board and seeing sooooo many with no hope and having no satisfaction from the NUMEROUS doctors they've seen and seeing how many months and YEARS Most of these people have suffered with no answers or cures,, it just gets me REALLY, REALLY DOWN!!
    That's why it was like a breath of fresh air to see yourself having a POSITIVE OUTCOME to all this! I'm the same as you where as this has totaly kept me from being able to function or do anything what so ever! From the moment I wake (after sleeping from four to six hours and waking up three to four times inbetween and having to keep taking either a little more Xanax or some Valerian Root to fall back to sleep) I finally jump out of bed with HIGH ANXIETY and pace the house for the rest of the day and night!!
    I feel like a caged animal! We're down to only one car which my wife uses for work so I'm trapped here unless I drive her. I used to do that a few times a weeks but now, I've only taken it twice in two months. I want to get out of the house since I'm going crazy here, but when I get out,, I feel the panic building inside me where ever I go! Things like the loss of my business and trying to get back on my feet have been on my mind for months prior to this but never kept me from getting to sleep,, sleeping a full night,, did'nt make me feel trapped when I would be home all day,, I had NO ANXIETY, NO DEPRESSION and never a PANIC ATTACK!! Now that's all I have! I feel this sudden hearing loss coming on in a split second just when I was trying to rebuild my life, couple with my recent predicaments only served to put me in this HORRID state I've been stuck in for two months!!!
    It's scarey because I've been recently spending alot of thinking on how I was prior to the onset of this inner ear problem. I feel like I have amnesia (sp?) cause I can't remember how I felt, how I thought about things, how I coped, and how I could just fall asleep with the worries I had, with no problems, or how I could tolerate sitting in this little house all day being trapped and not going out of my mind!!! I know I was'nt really happy or content with my life (I was'nt), but I'm really scared cause I can't remember how I felt from day to night and how I functioned, since for two months I can't sleep, stay asleep, function, can't stop these anxiety attacks, crying spells and just feeling worse day to day!! My wife has been so good about things, since she's under soooo much stress herself and sees me falling apart and still try's her best to offer comfort, but I see the toll it's taking on her!! I just can't help myself and I'm scared to death!! If you've read my post right before this one, you'll see how I really don't want to get hooked into a big drug regime to keep me level,, yet,, I can't function the way I have been!
    I thank you for your story and giving me a little "ray of hope" that things may turn around for me! Although my hope dwindles by the day. I also fear that if my hearing does come back (and I pray to heaven daily that it does) that I'll have this post traumatic anxiety or "residual" depression for quite a while. I know it's a long road to recovery and I just hope I get there!!!
    MY BEST WISHES GO OUT TO YOU!!!

MMS1

Last edited by MMS1; 03-22-2005 at 09:15 PM.

Old 03-22-2005, 10:40 PM   #6
    MMS1
    (male)

MMS1 HB UserMMS1 HB User

Hey Crazymotorbiker,
    I forgot to ask in my previous reply. When you had the hearing loss, did you notice any kind of distortion in your's or other peoples voices? Did you go to the doctor right after you noticed your hearing loss? Because I was just wondering if your doctor initially told you he did'nt see anything that would cause your loss of hearing. When I first had this loss of hearing, I went to the emergency room a couple days later to have it checked out. The doctor there said he did'nt see any infection while looking into my ear. He told me that he thought it was most likely a swollen eustachian tube due to a viral infection. A few days later, my ENT guy said he "thought" it was a viral infection on the auditory nerve. So,,, I don't know and obviously,, neither does anyone so far! Just wondered if you had any distortion or unknown response initially from your doctor. Thanks again!

Old 03-23-2005, 09:27 PM   #7
    MMS1
    (male)

MMS1 HB UserMMS1 HB User

To all who wanted to post a reply to my problem, As of today's posted date, it's been TWO MONTHS since the onset of this condition, just in case anyone wondered how long this has gone on. Any feedback is definately WELCOMED! Thanks to ALL!!

MMS1

Old 03-26-2005, 06:44 PM   #8
    jjano
    Inactive
    (male)

jjano HB User

Hi MMS,
    Have been reading your posts and might I suggest your problems are in your head****No pun intended. If you constantly focus on your hearing, rather than living a meaningful life , there is little hope you are going to pull out of the tail spin inwhich you find yourself.

Lets get REAL. Are you dying*no, do you have a fatal disease*no, does your brain work*yes, are you using it in a meaningful fashion*no, could things be worde***YES.

What have you lost/ Some hearing. Are you deaf*no , but lets say it left you 100% deaf. Does that mean your life is over**NO But you are acting as though that is the case. You know you could have a stroke and the following might be the case**can't walk, half your body is numb, speech is now limited, cannot swallow, fingers are digging into your palm, memory is shot, cannot do math or use words properly if at all. You have lost 85% of your strength. You have double vision and vertigo. Only one hand works. Cannot cut your own meat. Half the time you cannot hit your mouth when you try to eat. Half you meat is on your front. Can no longer concentrate and reading is now history. Walking can only be handled with assistance, that means you cannot even get to the bathroom without help!!!!!!!!!!

Now all this happened while you were sound asleep and you did not even feel a thing. Your new drool woke you up and the above is what you found.

NOW***Which case do you opt for?????? Your case is so minor that it is not even a bump in the road of life, yet you are treating it like it is a sinkhole and you are at the bottom with no way out. I suggest that is not the case.

Your way out if focus on LIFE, not the past. Deal with what is and not what was, and stop dealing with things over which you have no control. That is an exercise in futility. You actually got more help than most folks get from their ENT. Most take your$$$$ and say***live with it. So you win again.

Lest you think I don't know you position, 50 + years ago I got blown up about two feet off the ground and as a souvenir go a big hearing loss and Tinnitus. Yes, my singing Cicadas( Ike and Mike ) have been in constant concert since then with a 25 second break when I watched a travelogue where the sound of a waterfalls was so loud, it silenced Ike & Mike for those 25 seconds. BUT, my life has been full 80 hours a week in my working years and full since retirement. Yet 24/7 there has been no silence. But so what ****Thats just the way it is. SO my friend, why not get with the program of life and give your wife and yourself a break. FOCUS*FOCUS*FOCUS on the future with the body you have and be happy you have what you have. Or I'll send you my wife's stroke body outlined above, then we will see how you feel about how life has treated you.

Your choice.

My best to you and your wife.

Jim

Old 03-26-2005, 09:30 PM   #9
    MMS1
    (male)

MMS1 HB UserMMS1 HB User

Hi Jim,
    Well,, I guess I probably had that coming! I know I have'nt been handling this well at all. This hearing thing was just too much on top of the other hardships I've gone through in the past five years. You're right though, there are so many that have it worse and I know I have to get a handle on things. I WILL consider all you said and appreciate you taking the time to help me see the "light". I wish you and your wife All the BEST!

Take care,
    MMS1

Last edited by MMS1; 03-26-2005 at 09:34 PM.

Old 03-26-2005, 10:27 PM   #10
    jjano
    Inactive
    (male)

jjano HB User

Hi MMSI,
    Glad your not upset. I know you can handle it if you can just break the bad cycle your locked into. focus on the positive aspects and build your game plan for the future.

Good luck,

Jim

Old 03-28-2005, 02:28 PM   #11
    Boomerue
    (female)

Boomerue HB User
    Angry Re: Please, Desparately Need Help, Can't Take Much More!!

hi mms1, I have had this monster back for 2 years now.
    First the doctor told me, it was a ear infection, then a ruptred ear drum, of course I knew that it was not that.
    It all started a few years ago when I was working near a band saw, and a few days after that I had this ringing in my ear, and vertigo, and very bad dizzyness.
    I had a hell of a life for 5 years, could not drive, work or do anything, and then one day I woke up, and it had gone, I was back to normal, and could live again.
    Then 2 years ago, I got some new dentures, and it started all over again, life was again a night mare.
    I have a humming in my left ear, clogged up ears, a headache every day, so I went and got new dentures about 8 weeks ago, and the headaches went away, but still had the humming in the ear, now, the headaches are back, with a stiff neck, and a clogged ears, and a fullness in the head.
    I know that we are not going to die, with this, but it is not a very nice thing to live with, you feel cut off from everyone, plus you have to ask peo[ple to speak louder.
    I feel sick in th e tummy with it, and some days I cant walk from being so dizzy.
    I also work, so that does not help.
    I am a 56 year old female and when you try to talk about it, ho wyou feel, you dont know where to start, as you have so many things going on.
    I also know there are people out there with a lot worse than we have got, but when you dont feel well, and still have to work, and go on with your life, it is hard.
    Diffrent things affect diffrent people, so not every one knows how we feel.
    I try to live each day at a time, so chin up, one day it may all go away, and we can get on with life.
    I say a prayer for every one in the same boat as us.
    boomerue

Old 03-28-2005, 05:25 PM   #12
    MMS1
    (male)

MMS1 HB UserMMS1 HB User

Hi Boomerue,
    Yea I agree, although people may look at us and say we don't have it as bad as some and we should count our blessings. This may well be true,, but like you say, different things affect different people and you're right, nobody know's how we feel except "us". Admittedly, I may be handling my own situation poorly,, but that's just how it's affected me and with my life as it was prior to this happening, this just pushed me over the edge!
    My hearing is notedly better then the onset of this condition over eight weeks ago, but the "distortion" in my voice and outside voices is notedly worse.
    The big problem now is, I am fighting to keep away from the "drug regime" but I've already fallen into a bad anxiety and depressed state which is almost impossible to deal with all day and night. I know alot of people (even my doctor) say, it's better to take the drug and "function" rather then climb the walls in anxiety and panic all day. However, I feel if I start, I'll never be able to quit, plus I hear all the stories of how hard it is for alot to wean off these drugs! I take Xanax (.5mg) before going to bed which helps me fall asleep, but I'm up a couple or few hours later fighting to get back to sleep. Sometimes I'll take half (.25mg) and get another couple hours of "simulated" sleep. I also have lost (14) pounds in the past two months. Some people would love to lose the weight, but I really can't afford it. Reason being,, I have NO appetite from day to day, feeling nervous and nauseated constantly and HAVE TO force myself the little that I do eat.
    Not sleeping and not eating as we all know, can quickly take it's toll on your health (mental and physical)!
    Last night, after sitting up trying to keep myself occupied between the TV (nothing to watch) and my computer, I actually started relaxing a bit (a RARE to NON-EXISTANT occurance in the past two months)! So, around 1:30am when I thought I'd try to get some sleep, I felt for the first time since this started, that I could do it without the Xanax! I took a couple Valerian tablets (just to take the edge off) and laid down. Within about (45) minutes I felt myself relaxed and starting to doze off. Just then I got like a startling jolt which snapped me out of the drowzy state! This happened a couple more times over a half hour then I guess I fell asleep, but woke up less then an hour later.
    It was then I got the jittery feeling that I normally get right before bedtime (right before I take my Xanax). So, I had to take my normal (?) pill to get me back to sleep. Then I slept for about three and a half hours. So, now even though I've been on a relatively small dose of Xanax for less then two months,, it seems as even though I felt I could and would sleep without the pill,,, my body would'nt let me!! Am I hooked on the stuff or what? I was relaxed when I went to bed, it's as if my body was demanding the drug!
    Sorry for the loooong reply, it's just alot of people don't understand that what may seem like over reacting to some, is a NIGHTMARE to others. You evidently understand!
    I hope the best for you and all others on this board who are looking for the "light at the end of their tunnel"!

Last edited by MMS1; 03-28-2005 at 06:23 PM.

Old 03-29-2005, 03:04 PM   #13
    Boomerue
    (female)

Boomerue HB User
    Thumbs up Re: Please, Desparately Need Help, Can't Take Much More!!

hi mms1.
    I also get a fuzzy head with mine, and the headaches get so bad, I have a job to hold my head up.
    I dont take any drugs for mine, I try to push it to the back of my mind, and do other things, bu tsome times it is very hard.
    I also have thyroid problems, so I take thyroxin for that, I have what they call Hashies, I have ha dit for 17 years, and the last year or so, my thyroid has been up and down, had to increase my tablets, then decrese them, and still I dont feel right.
    I work in a Hospital, so I know what suffering is, I see people die every day.
    My headaches did go away for a while, but the last week they have come back, the presure in the ears, is the worst it ha s been for a while, also, the humming in the left ear is louder, I dont like the radio any more only if it is turned right down. as I get a viberating noise in the ear, and it echos, and I can hear my voice in my ear.
    I also find I seem to lose my voice a bit, sort of crocky, and it is hard to talk.
    The last year, I have been having problems with my eyes as well, I went to the eye guy, to see if I needed new glasses, he said they were fine, and there was no sigh of glucomo or any thing sinsister in the eye, it seemed to get worse, so went back to him, and he done a eye test again, and said I needed new glasses, this was only 6 weeks from the first time.
    So I got new glasses, no diffrence, they have got worse, the doc also said they looked fine, so what do you do.
    The doc thought I may have dry eyes from the thyroid, so I have been putting the dry eye stuff in, still no luck, some days they ache, and make my head ache a pain behind the eye all the time blurry vision.
    I think some doctors dont want to know, if they dont know what it is, so they send you away.
    so as well as the thyroid the noise in the ear, and the dry eyes, I am fine
    Keep smiling.

Old 04-12-2005, 02:25 PM   #14
    Gibsgirl32
    (female)

Gibsgirl32 HB User
    Lightbulb Re: Please, Desparately Need Help, Can't Take Much More!!

Hi there! So sorry to hear about your struggles. I was reading the treads here as I have an ear infection that is not responding to antibiotics. My left ear is totally plugged and nothing I do helps. I can say though that the pain is not as bad as it was. I think that maybe the infection is gone, but the fluid cannot get out. I will definately see my doc tomarrow, and maybe ENT specialist.

Have you done any research on the internet about ear problems? I have, and it all was very helpful. There are different things that can start these problems, and different things to do for them. My problem comes from severe sinusitis that I've had twice in 2 months. I also have bad allergy's and asthma. Although this hearing loss is annoying, I will get to the root of the problem and get it fixed. I will not let it get the best of me!

As far as you being concerned about getting addicted to medications......
    Wouldn't you like to feel better? Seems to me that you are making yourself crazy over this. Xanex is real addicting, and your probably already there. Look that up too. Do some research!!! Not everyone gets addicted to certain medications. You need to do what you can to help yourself. It really doesn't seem like you're trying too hard to get the help and relief you need and deserve! Don't you have a doctor that you can talk to about your problems and concerns? Maybe they can help you find medication that may not be as addicting. Anxiety can be debilitating!!! Get help and quit worrying about getting addicted, before you have more serious problems. In case you were wondering....I too have bad anxiety. I take medicine daily that has helped me get my life back. I'm certain that I'm addicted to it, but I definately don't abuse it. I only take it as prescribed, no more.

Please, think about what I've said and get help. I don't think you'll regret it. If you keep going like you are, you just may lose anything else you have in life. Now that would really suck, huh?

Hope to hear from you soon

gibsgirl

Old 04-13-2005, 03:32 AM   #15
    Crazymotorbiker
    (male)

Crazymotorbiker HB User

Hey,
    I hope your feeling a bit better. Sorry i haven't replied in a while. I was reading a magazine and came across an article, that i thought, matched your symptoms perfectly. Your gonna think im crazy once youve heard this.

From reading your previous posts it seems like you was having a hard time before you had your sudden hearing loss. Correcting me if im wrong, i may have miss understood it:-)

The article was about a women whos life had taken a turn for the worse, she had lost her job, she had no money and she was on her own. One day she was sat at home and all her hearing dissapeared, she could hear but only faintly. She went to the ENT and other specialists but non of them could tell her the problem. For 6 months she had no hearing. Nearing the end of the 6 months her life got better, she got a job and she got her life back on track. Then all of a sudden, one night all her hearing came back. She could hear perfect again. The problem was linked with the troubles in her life and her state of mind.

Now im not saying this is a definite answer to your problem, but it seems highly likely to me!!!!
    After all you have no signs of damage or infection.

Don't listen to people who to tell you to just get on with your life and stop worrying about it. To me these people didn't understand what i was going through and the pain and suffering it caused. The best thing to do is keep going and KNOW you will get better. Because i know you will.
    Keep your chin up:-)
    I'll check back on here within the next few days.
    Cheers,
    Shaun

Closed Thread