It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board

• Random Left Ear Thumping/Throbbing?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-05-2005, 05:26 AM   #1
    NicoleD
    (female)

NicoleD HB User
    Question Random Left Ear Thumping/Throbbing?

Hi guys,

I just went to the doctor yesterday ...she gave me a full physical, looked in my nose and ears, saw a lot of scar tissue (from a horrible ear infectiong when I was an infant) in my left ear and said that the thumping noise i hear/feel ...sorta like a spasm or something, could be fluid build up in my left ear.

The weird thing is, I can hear/feel the thumping on SOMETIMES... like every thursday. It's happened 3 thursdays in a row. It's odd! It's not my heartbeat as it's not in the same beat and it isn't constant.

Someone before mentioned inner ear muscle spasms... what does everyone think? I'd like some insight into this as it's starting to annoy the crap out of me.

Thanks!

Last edited by NicoleD; 05-05-2005 at 05:28 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2005, 02:53 PM   #2
    lib
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lib HB Userlib HB User
    Re: Random Left Ear Thumping/Throbbing?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NicoleD
    Hi guys,

I just went to the doctor yesterday ...she gave me a full physical, looked in my nose and ears, saw a lot of scar tissue (from a horrible ear infectiong when I was an infant) in my left ear and said that the thumping noise i hear/feel ...sorta like a spasm or something, could be fluid build up in my left ear.

The weird thing is, I can hear/feel the thumping on SOMETIMES... like every thursday. It's happened 3 thursdays in a row. It's odd! It's not my heartbeat as it's not in the same beat and it isn't constant.

Someone before mentioned inner ear muscle spasms... what does everyone think? I'd like some insight into this as it's starting to annoy the crap out of me.

its the middle ear muscles spasming, it causes exactley as you have described.....not fluid in the ear and scar tissue does not spasm....find a top otoligist or neurotoligist, drs and ents dont know much if anything about this condition...

Thanks!

Old 05-05-2005, 05:28 PM   #3
    NicoleD
    (female)

NicoleD HB User
    Re: Random Left Ear Thumping/Throbbing?

wow, okay, so middle ear muscle spasms... makes sense. it's a vibration kinda feeling when it happens too. do you have any idea what causes this? or if it's serious?

Last edited by NicoleD; 05-05-2005 at 05:28 PM.

Closed Thread