It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board

• I sneezed and since then my ears have felt strange

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-23-2005, 08:38 PM   #1
    Scarlet Knight

Scarlet Knight HB User
    I sneezed and since then my ears have felt strange

Hi everyone, I was just looking for a little advice about something that happened to me the other day. I had a light cold and sneezed - and it felt as if the pressure in my ears sort of changed. My ears don't feel plugged up, but I do sense something different - almost as if sounds just aren't as sharp as they should be. Any ideas? Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2005, 09:32 AM   #2
    hpbguyfromca
    (male)

hpbguyfromca HB User
    Re: I sneezed and since then my ears have felt strange

Do whatever you can to unclog you ears.. hot showers, blowdryer near ear.. breath in fast with mouth open.. suck air into you lungs with mouth nose closed..

i got permanent tinnitus from what started as a mild ear infection a year ago.. and I wish I would have uncloged my ears in time..

Old 11-24-2005, 10:57 AM   #3
    Scarlet Knight

Scarlet Knight HB User

How long was it before you got your ears unclogged? Did a doctor do it for you?

Old 11-24-2005, 02:46 PM   #4
    hpbguyfromca
    (male)

hpbguyfromca HB User

if you have a clogged ear for more than 1 or two solid days, get some doctor help immeadialty.. is the doctor shrugs you off, screw him and go somenhwre that will heklp you.

I do not recommend getting ear tube.. bad idea.

All i can say is i wish i had known that before i got tinntius.. I haven;'t slept well in a year because of this stupid ringing.

F.

Old 11-25-2005, 06:00 AM   #5
    Lenin
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Knight,
    The pressure from the sneeze forced some phlegm up one or both eustachian tubes.
    HOT SHOWERS or steam room if you have a good gym...sip lots of hot tea during the day. Take a decongestant if you have them around. You want to soften and moosen the phlegm so it can more easily work it's way out. Sleep in a chair if you can so that gravity helps move the phlegm down and into the throat.

If you feel any pain, that's a sign you get infected and you should see a doctor.

If you can learn the Vasalva method and puff your ears in (holding nose) and out when in a steamy environment and upright, you can clear it quickly but that could be risky if you do it wrong.

Usually this resolves by itself in a couple days without infecting.

Closed Thread