It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board

• Questions about STAPEDECTOMY...PLEASE HELP!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-18-2008, 05:29 PM   #1
    JR95
    (male)

JR95 HB User
    Questions about STAPEDECTOMY...PLEASE HELP!!

Hi...I am 24 and just had a stapedectomy.

-It has been about 5 days post-op

-I was wondering if anyone knows if I can Smoke cigarettes or anything for that matter?..I havn't smoked yet and I won't just to be careful...just looking to see if anyone knows the specifics...

-ANOTHER QUESTION....I can't really hear anything out of the operated ear and I was wondering if I am supposed to be able to hear anything....

-is the packing stuck to the ear drum which would prevent the ear from hearing???...I am nervous as I have to wait 2 more weeks to see my doctor and I don't know if the surgery was successful???...ALL I know is that right after the surgery I could hear perfectly for about 20 minutes....ALL YOUR INFO will be much appreicated and i will be coming back to this thread to communicate with whoever posts a relpy,.....thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2008, 05:33 PM   #2
    JR95
    (male)

JR95 HB User
    Re: Questions about STAPEDECTOMY...PLEASE HELP!!

O yea....and here is my journal I have been keeping since day 1....PLEASE EXCUSE THE UNORGANIZATION AND VULGARITY BUT IT WAS ONLY ME EXPRESSING EXACTLY HOW I FELT AT THE TIME OF WRITING...

JOURNAL:

After surgery-

hearing in operated ear was extrememly sensitive for about 20 minutes. I could hear my mothers footsteps in the hospital hallway.

-ear started to swell and hearing went away. blood and fluid build up i guess.

-pretty bad pain i experienced 30 - 40 min after surgery. took meds felt better. ate some hospital food and felt good as new....I got dressed and could have walked out the hospital but was wheeled out...

-on car ride home, felt no pain whatsoever felt great...once getting into my appartment I started to really feel the VERTIGO ...fucCked me up pretty bad....had to really really try very hard not to let myself throwup the hospital food as i didnt want to ***** up the surgically repaired ear.

-took dramamine and pain killers and fell asleep for 15 hours.

1st day after surgery

-woke up and felt like ****....NO PAIN BUt worse SENSE of INbALLANCE...this **** is almost as bad as pain....feeling like you might fall and throwup all over yourself sucks hairy moose balls...

-i ate some soup and bread and was ok but had to keep my head down on a pillow as the vertigo was really bad...

2nd day after surgery

-it is the night of the 2nd day after surgery and i am feelin sick as I am typing on my computer....fuCcking diizzzy man...shoot me in the head,,,this **** fucCking sucks....

-this morning i woke up after 14 hours of sleep as the bed is the only place i dont feel nautious....THERE IS NO PAIN>>>BUT VERTIGO IS SOMEWHAT OF A PAINFUL EXPERIENCE...

- i have to say i feel a little better ...but my ear is completley plugged with fluids and can't really hear sHhit....\

- can't wait for post-op exam ...take this shHit out my ear and hopefully i will hear better...this vertigo **** is really fucCking with me....i hope it goes away AND NEVEr COMES BACK>>>***** U VERTIGO..

Closed Thread