It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board

• New Stapedectomy Report

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-04-2010, 06:41 AM   #61
    TaniaHop
    (female)

TaniaHop HB User
    Re: New Stapedectomy Report

Hi, this is my first post. I had a stapedectomy on my right ear on Friday 1/29, so I am 6 days post-op now. First of all I want to say how helpful it has been to read through all of these posts and hear other people's recovery stories. So, thank you for sharing all that you have been through -- it has been a huge comfort to read that I am not alone in my symptoms.

My doctor had told me that I could expect to be pretty much back to normal in 2 - 3 days, so I am feeling totally overwhelmed by my side effects. But I see here that they all seem normal. My biggest issue is that I am still dealing with the dizziness/vertigo and can not drive. My doctor describes the dizziness as mild because I can stand and walk with no nasea, but I stumble a lot and have to have my hand constantly on the wall for balance. When I am sitting still it still feels like the room is in motion. I am a single mother and since I wasn't aware that I might not be able to drive I didn't make arrangements for my kids to have rides, groceries in the house, etc. I'm scrambling trying to get enough help to get through the day.

I realize there is huge variation between people. When did everyone's dizziness subside? When were you driving are returning to normal activities? Like everyone else, I am having some pain and hearing a lot of weird sounds in the operated ear: humming, heartbeat, echos, and my own voice is very loud. The packing is still in place and I don't think I am really hearing much of anything from outside my head at this point. I find all the noises very distracting and have difficulty concentrating sometimes. Does that make sense? Like I will be in the middle of a sentence when a new tone starts, and I lose my train of thought. I've had a lot of "dumb blonde" moments since the surgery (more than normal!).

I know other people have talked about the weird taste thing. My doctor did warn me that I might have a strange metallic taste for up to a few months post-op. For the first 3 days I had virtually no taste. I could (and did) rub a lemon on the right half of my tongue and taste NOTHING, same with sweet tastes. I was on a taste-seeking odyssey, trying to figure out what I could taste. I am able to taste salty flavors on the left side of my tongue. And for the past few days I have had what someone described as a "buttery" metallic taste on the right side of my tongue. I'm going to assume that means the chorda tempani nerve is beginning to heal. I was hoping without taste sensations I would eat less and maybe lose a few pounds, but I seem to be eating all the time.

What else? I feel like my doctor is a lot less restrictive than others. My only post-op instructions were to use the drops, avoid "heavy lifting" for a few days, and to sneeze only with my mouth open. No work restricitons or anything. I have heard people talk about being advised to avoid loud noises. No such instructions for me, and when I asked my doctor about attending a rock concert at the Civic Center with my daughter on the 14th (2 weeks post op) he was totally fine with that. I want to err on the side of caution, and I don't feel like that is the advice I am getting.

My first doctor's appointment is on Monday the 8th (10 days post op). Not sure what he is going to do then. He used dissolvable stitches and packing. He told me he won't remove packing at that appointment because the ear is still fragile. However, if there is still some packing there at the next appt. (20 days post op) he will use a vacuum extrractor to remove it then. Yikes! It is at that second appointment that he will do an audiogram and get early hearing results from the proceedure. I'm sure you can all relate to the struggle to keep the anxiety in check about improved hearing.

Right now the dizziness and inablility to drive are feeling like a real disability. I know it will pass in time and that this is all a slow journey. I'm just looking forward to being a little more self-sufficient. Thanks for all your posts so far, they have been tremendously helpful to me. And thanks, in advance, for any info or advice you may have.

Tania

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2010, 08:42 PM   #62
    deafleopard
    (male)

deafleopard HB User

Hello Tania,
    I am riding this journey right with you. I had my Stapedectomy on the 25th
    of Jan. I too had the Vertigo sensations for the first week but they have subsided now and it sounds from your description you are having a lot worse go of it. I had the moving room issue but by the 5 day I was driving again and have not had any problems since. So hang in there it does get better.
    As far as the taste issue I still have that. I describe it as having a cough drop and then eating food. Kinda a numb tongue feeling. Unfortantely it has not stopped me from eating and enjoying food. It does taste different and I have not gone to the extent you did trying different tastes but it still
    is not back to the way it was before the surgery that is for sure.
    On the 7th day after my surgery my local doctor, not the one who did the surgery, removed the packing. He said there was still a little healing left to do and gave me some antibiotic drops to put in the ear. I am going in next Monday the 8th to have the rest of the ear cleaned out.
    As soon as he removed the packing last Monday it was amazing I could hear so well. That night I put in the drops and the next morning until now it feels like I have water in my ear. I can hear better but not like I did the day he removed the packing. I know I still have some healing to do. I get a little pain still time to time but not bad.
    As everyone has said it takes time to heal and it varies between individuals.
    I can only offer encouragement as I know for me I would do this again in a New-York minute. Not having to wear a hearing aid in that ear has really been a blessing. I do feel I hear better. I know once I get everything healed up and the ear canal cleared up it will get even better.
    Down the road I will have to decide whether to do the other ear but for now I am just glad to be hearing out of the operated ear even at a muffled sound.
    I go in on March 5th for a hearing test and I hope all it healed and done by then.
    If you have any questions just email back. This is a difficult decision and a long journey to this point. I am glad I did it so far.

Cliff

Old 02-05-2010, 03:28 AM   #63
    bunny01
    (female)

bunny01 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TaniaHop View Post
    Hi, this is my first post. I had a stapedectomy on my right ear on Friday 1/29, so I am 6 days post-op now. First of all I want to say how helpful it has been to read through all of these posts and hear other people's recovery stories. So, thank you for sharing all that you have been through -- it has been a huge comfort to read that I am not alone in my symptoms.

My doctor had told me that I could expect to be pretty much back to normal in 2 - 3 days, so I am feeling totally overwhelmed by my side effects. But I see here that they all seem normal. My biggest issue is that I am still dealing with the dizziness/vertigo and can not drive. My doctor describes the dizziness as mild because I can stand and walk with no nasea, but I stumble a lot and have to have my hand constantly on the wall for balance. When I am sitting still it still feels like the room is in motion. I am a single mother and since I wasn't aware that I might not be able to drive I didn't make arrangements for my kids to have rides, groceries in the house, etc. I'm scrambling trying to get enough help to get through the day.

I realize there is huge variation between people. When did everyone's dizziness subside? When were you driving are returning to normal activities? Like everyone else, I am having some pain and hearing a lot of weird sounds in the operated ear: humming, heartbeat, echos, and my own voice is very loud. The packing is still in place and I don't think I am really hearing much of anything from outside my head at this point. I find all the noises very distracting and have difficulty concentrating sometimes. Does that make sense? Like I will be in the middle of a sentence when a new tone starts, and I lose my train of thought. I've had a lot of "dumb blonde" moments since the surgery (more than normal!).

I know other people have talked about the weird taste thing. My doctor did warn me that I might have a strange metallic taste for up to a few months post-op. For the first 3 days I had virtually no taste. I could (and did) rub a lemon on the right half of my tongue and taste NOTHING, same with sweet tastes. I was on a taste-seeking odyssey, trying to figure out what I could taste. I am able to taste salty flavors on the left side of my tongue. And for the past few days I have had what someone described as a "buttery" metallic taste on the right side of my tongue. I'm going to assume that means the chorda tempani nerve is beginning to heal. I was hoping without taste sensations I would eat less and maybe lose a few pounds, but I seem to be eating all the time.

What else? I feel like my doctor is a lot less restrictive than others. My only post-op instructions were to use the drops, avoid "heavy lifting" for a few days, and to sneeze only with my mouth open. No work restricitons or anything. I have heard people talk about being advised to avoid loud noises. No such instructions for me, and when I asked my doctor about attending a rock concert at the Civic Center with my daughter on the 14th (2 weeks post op) he was totally fine with that. I want to err on the side of caution, and I don't feel like that is the advice I am getting.

My first doctor's appointment is on Monday the 8th (10 days post op). Not sure what he is going to do then. He used dissolvable stitches and packing. He told me he won't remove packing at that appointment because the ear is still fragile. However, if there is still some packing there at the next appt. (20 days post op) he will use a vacuum extrractor to remove it then. Yikes! It is at that second appointment that he will do an audiogram and get early hearing results from the proceedure. I'm sure you can all relate to the struggle to keep the anxiety in check about improved hearing.

Right now the dizziness and inablility to drive are feeling like a real disability. I know it will pass in time and that this is all a slow journey. I'm just looking forward to being a little more self-sufficient. Thanks for all your posts so far, they have been tremendously helpful to me. And thanks, in advance, for any info or advice you may have.

Tania
    Hi TaniaHop.
    I had mine done on the 2d (3 days ago). Compared to some of the others, I've had a pretty uneventful recovery - no sickness, very little dizziness, and taste is only a bit bland - nothing metalic. Praise God. I am freaking out a little because as happy as I was to read that someone else is having "blond moments", and blond friends, please forgive the phrase, I am too! I've blown my nose TWICE! The second time after not less than 10 seconds before, I reminded myself that I wasn't supposed to! I heard and felt my ear open up. I told my doctor and she asked me to hum to see if there was a difference on either side, which there is not (except for the muffled sound from the packing). I read a comment the other day that said something about not worrying about the nose blowing thing - but I'm worried!! Any one else get forgetful and blow your nose? If so, did it do any damage?? Help!

Old 02-08-2010, 08:50 AM   #64
    TaniaHop
    (female)

TaniaHop HB User

Hello everyone!

Deafleopard, thanks for your encouragement and support. It was good to "hear". Bunny02, hang in there. I'm sure the nose blowing thing is going to be fine.

I had my first post-op appointment today (10 days out). The doctor removed the stitches behind my ear lobe (where he took the fat plug). Said everything looked fine. He wants me to give the dizziness another week or two. At that point if it is still troublesome he said he can give me some exercises. He is not worried about a leak -- which is good news. But I am still unable to drive which is debilitating as a single mother.

With the tuning fork thing, when he placed it on my forehead I don't think I heard anything. On my left front tooth, I definitely heard the humm in my right (operated) ear. Does anyone know what this means? What is the test for? Somewhere I read someone using names for these tests; if I could find that I could google it.

There is still packing in my ear, and he didn't remove anything. I think the majority of the packing he used was disolvble. He said that 75% is still in place, but he could see a small area of my ear drum. In two weeks he will vacuum-extract the gel pack and then do a preliminary audiogram. I am anxious for those results. I definitely hear less at this point than before surgery, but I know the packing is contributing to that. There is still healing to be done.

The doctor said it is a good sign that I am experiencing less of the loud sounds inside my head. (Originally my own voice was really loud on the operated side, soda in my mouth was super loud, as was eating and i constantly heard my own heartbeat.) He explained that is a sign of conductive hearing loss, which was caused by all the packing and swelling. So that is getting better.

That all for now. How is everyone else doing? Looking forward to hearing back!!

Old 02-08-2010, 11:08 AM   #65
    luscious38
    (female)

luscious38 HB User

It has been 3 days since my surgery and boy am i getting sick of this packing!! I dont see my guy till thursday and hopefully hes taking the packing out. Most likely he'll put fressh stuff in. My ear is itchy thats a good sign right?? I ant tell if i can hear any better. Frustrated i cant wash my hair properly any hints?

Old 02-10-2010, 09:03 PM   #66
    deafleopard
    (male)

deafleopard HB User

Hello all again,
    I went in Monday and had the remainder of the packing removed and the ear canal cleared out. That was such a relief. The packing was actually starting to itch and hurt. I can really tell a differnce now in my hearing in the operated ear. I can hear so much better. I still am wearing a hearing aid in my right (unoperated ear). I can't tell you what a difference this has made in
    my job and at home. I am not 100% yet mainly because I still have conductive hearing loss in my right ear, but I am so much better.
    Hearing loss can be so isolating it is scary. I really feel for you Beachliving.
    I know it is hard to deal with. My hearing disability before the surgery was getting to the point it was affecting my job and that was becoming a real problem. I have meetings I attend regularily and I could not follow the converstions and that was a big problem. At least now I can hold my own in meetings. I wish everyone the best in their recovery. I go in on March 5th for a hearing test. I still have a little pain now and then but it is pretty mild.

Old 02-11-2010, 04:26 AM   #67
    bunny01
    (female)

bunny01 HB User

Congratulations deafleopard!! I'm so happy for you! It's good to read another success story. I hope you'll post after your hearing test in March and let us know how that goes. I go in this morning for my one week (I'm actually at 9 days) follow up. Fingers crossed! Congrats again!

Old 02-11-2010, 04:32 AM   #68
    bunny01
    (female)

bunny01 HB User

Did you get the hair washing thing worked out? I know this is late, but here's how I manage with long straight hair: a cotton ball smeared with vaseline (thin layer). Plastic wrap tucked around my ear and taped. Folded wash cloth over that which I hold in place while I wash my hair with one arm - head leaning to the side with my taped ear facing up. To get the shampoo and conditioner on my head, I squeeze it on to the forearm of the arm holding the wash cloth. That gives me time to close and put away the bottle, and to apply the shampoo exactly where I want it. Sounds silly, but it works..:-)

Old 02-11-2010, 08:40 PM   #69
    theponderousman
    (male)

theponderousman HB User

TaniaHop: The tuning fork is a quick way to see if your stapes is still absorbing the sound rather than transmitting it to the inner ear. Basically, those of us that had Otosclerosis, we would hear just about everything internal. Going to the dentist for me gave me headaches if I had cavitys filled, and checking 'loud' food caused me not to hear what people were saying. However, once I had the surgery and went in for my 1 week post-op, the tuning fork was VERY softly heard in my left ear whereas before hand it was pretty loud. You hearing the tuning fork in your head still isn't a bad sign since you still have the packing in there and it's still early in the recovery process. Keep your head up though!!!

Luscious38: Stay strong and be patient on the packing! It was BEYOND frustrating for me and I was thankful that I only had the cottonball packing in there for just 1 week compared to others that had to have it in there for longer.

As for washing hair, I'm a guy with short hair so it was WAY different for me than others I did the ol cotton ball covered in vaseline and ended up putting a plast cup over my ear while bending to the side (I'm a tall guy with a lower shower head go figure!). If you can get someone to wash your hair for the 1st week or so, that's a bonus

Just keep the patience going everyone, it's NOT a quick recovery but can be WELL worth it down the lond run

Christian

Old 02-12-2010, 05:07 PM   #70
    hotintherock
    (female)

hotintherock HB User

sarahebeth, I, too, am in Arkansas. Who did your surgery?

Old 02-12-2010, 07:50 PM   #71
    hearingbetter
    (female)

hearingbetter HB User

Hi Soundboy-I've been lurking in the background on this thread for a while as I got ready for my stapedectomy. I decided that after my experience today it was time to share a little about myself and my surgery. I'm a pretty typical patient-a 54 yr old woman with years of hearing loss in one ear. I coped pretty well with the loss, and I figured someday I would just get a hearing aid and be done with it. When I finally asked my doctor to refer me to an audiologist for a hearing aid, being the thorough dr that he is, he instead referred me to a specialist who diagnosed me with otosclerosis. That led me to the internet, this forum and the decision for a stapedectomy which I had done 8 days ago.

My experience with the operation was pretty unspectacular. I had local anesthesia and was out of the hospital a few hours later. No nausea, no pain, no dizziness, and I could hear sounds that had been lost to me for years. The ability to hear came and went for the next 6 days, but I always felt I could hear a little better. I was even using my right ear to talk on the phone-something I hadn't done for 20 years. Then on day 7 things changed dramatically. I reached under my desk at work to get a file and when I sat up, I knew something was wrong. I couldn't hear at all from my right ear, and more scary was that I couldn't hear my own voice in my head on the right side, something I had gotten used to after the operation, since that sound of my own voice in my head was even louder than usual after the surgery.

I was convinced the prothesis had shifted. I went home early and was horrified to discover that I couldn't hear my husband's voice at all in my right ear-I could see his lips move, but no sound at all. A quick call to the dr led to a prescription for steroids and an office visit the next morning. I had a hearing test and finally saw the doctor. He assured me that my experience was not unusual and I was exactly where he expected me to be at a week out from the operation, based on the hearing test and his assessment. He told me he was 99% sure the prothesis was still in place, and the hearing loss was due to fluids in the middle ear and would clear up eventually. He also assured me I didn't have an issue with the inner ear. He sent me on my way feeling much better, and Hubby and I started the 4 hour trek home.

Here is the part I really wanted to share with everyone. We were driving home, and while I felt better after the hearing test and the doctor's report, I was still a little depressed that my hearing wasn't better. I know it takes time, but patience isn't my strong suit. So we're driving home, with my ear still completely non functioning, and we were driving up a fairly long pass that increases in altitude and usually makes my ears pop a little. My right ear popped and it was like a switch turning on. I could hear so clearly that I yelled a very bad word and Hubby thought something was terribly wrong-he kept asking "are you ok?" I told him I could hear everything-his voice, road noise, the cars driving around us-I honestly think my hearing was better than it was pre-op. This gradually faded a bit but my hearing still remained pretty good and it still is as I write this. When we got home I was in our office and when the phone rang I nearly jumped out of my skin-it was so loud!

I know this will come and go. But having my hearing restored for even a short time is such a positive sign-I now know that the prothesis is indeed in place and working correctly and I will have to work on the patience thing. I just wanted to thank everyone for sharing their stories and I hope mine will bring a little hope to everyone else. I really didn't realize how much I was missing and how difficult my life had become due to my hearing issues!

Old 02-14-2010, 08:11 AM   #72
    bunny01
    (female)

bunny01 HB User
    Talking Re: New Stapedectomy Report

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hearingbetter View Post
    Hi Soundboy-I've been lurking in the background on this thread for a while as I got ready for my stapedectomy. I decided that after my experience today it was time to share a little about myself and my surgery. I'm a pretty typical patient-a 54 yr old woman with years of hearing loss in one ear. I coped pretty well with the loss, and I figured someday I would just get a hearing aid and be done with it. When I finally asked my doctor to refer me to an audiologist for a hearing aid, being the thorough dr that he is, he instead referred me to a specialist who diagnosed me with otosclerosis. That led me to the internet, this forum and the decision for a stapedectomy which I had done 8 days ago.

My experience with the operation was pretty unspectacular. I had local anesthesia and was out of the hospital a few hours later. No nausea, no pain, no dizziness, and I could hear sounds that had been lost to me for years. The ability to hear came and went for the next 6 days, but I always felt I could hear a little better. I was even using my right ear to talk on the phone-something I hadn't done for 20 years. Then on day 7 things changed dramatically. I reached under my desk at work to get a file and when I sat up, I knew something was wrong. I couldn't hear at all from my right ear, and more scary was that I couldn't hear my own voice in my head on the right side, something I had gotten used to after the operation, since that sound of my own voice in my head was even louder than usual after the surgery.

I was convinced the prothesis had shifted. I went home early and was horrified to discover that I couldn't hear my husband's voice at all in my right ear-I could see his lips move, but no sound at all. A quick call to the dr led to a prescription for steroids and an office visit the next morning. I had a hearing test and finally saw the doctor. He assured me that my experience was not unusual and I was exactly where he expected me to be at a week out from the operation, based on the hearing test and his assessment. He told me he was 99% sure the prothesis was still in place, and the hearing loss was due to fluids in the middle ear and would clear up eventually. He also assured me I didn't have an issue with the inner ear. He sent me on my way feeling much better, and Hubby and I started the 4 hour trek home.

Here is the part I really wanted to share with everyone. We were driving home, and while I felt better after the hearing test and the doctor's report, I was still a little depressed that my hearing wasn't better. I know it takes time, but patience isn't my strong suit. So we're driving home, with my ear still completely non functioning, and we were driving up a fairly long pass that increases in altitude and usually makes my ears pop a little. My right ear popped and it was like a switch turning on. I could hear so clearly that I yelled a very bad word and Hubby thought something was terribly wrong-he kept asking "are you ok?" I told him I could hear everything-his voice, road noise, the cars driving around us-I honestly think my hearing was better than it was pre-op. This gradually faded a bit but my hearing still remained pretty good and it still is as I write this. When we got home I was in our office and when the phone rang I nearly jumped out of my skin-it was so loud!

I know this will come and go. But having my hearing restored for even a short time is such a positive sign-I now know that the prothesis is indeed in place and working correctly and I will have to work on the patience thing. I just wanted to thank everyone for sharing their stories and I hope mine will bring a little hope to everyone else. I really didn't realize how much I was missing and how difficult my life had become due to my hearing issues!
    Hi Soundboy and Hearingbetter.

The one thing that I have learned from reading these posts is that while there are similarities in the stories we've shared, it seems that not one experience is exactly like the other. Thank you for sharing a story that seems so hopeful for others who are still waiting for results (like me) and for those folks who are considering having it done.

I think I'm a few days ahead of you and am hoping to compare notes. Soundboy and Pondarosaman- you've been a great reference point for me and I appreciate it. If you have anything to add, PLEASE do! Here goes: In a nutshell, I had a pretty uneventful surgery and recovery. In fact, I went to work two days after my procedure. I had a couple of panicked moments (see previous posts re: paranoid after blowing my nose, etc: but, besides that (and after a round of steroids) my recovery has been pretty benign. I've had those moments when I think I'm hearing out of my ear - like in the car with the radio on - I think I'm hearing things for a few seconds, but it goes away. I'm beginning to pick up high frequency sounds (again for a few seconds) but it's more like a whistle at this point. Someone made a comment many posts ago about "bionic" sounds. I think that's a reference to overwhelmingly loud noises like road noise, bath water running, and loud "shopping" noises in a crowded store. Even the organ at church "hurt". It's almost painful and it's so loud, anything I am hearing is drowned out. P-man and Soundboy, are you with me so far?? I had my follow up appointment on Thursday. Dr P did the tuning fork thing and I heard it louder outside my ear than on the bone behind it and heard him whisper in my ear. I am allowed to wash my hair without the usual contraption and I guess nose-blowing is ok at this point . He took a chunk of something out of my ear (sorry to be gross), but I still have that "full" feeling and my hearing seems almost worse than before I had the surgery. Does any of this sound familiar? My next MD appointment is in three weeks. I know everyone keeps saying it takes time, but how much???? How do I know I'm going to be able to hear better? Insight? Thoughts??

Old 02-14-2010, 10:54 PM   #73
    luscious38
    (female)

luscious38 HB User

ok so i had my surgery on the 5th of Febuary its like the 14th. First day i woke upi was so dizzy and nauseous but that passed. All i wanted to do the next 3 days was sleep. I had to have my mom wash my hair in the tub for me. day 7 i had my packing taken out and that hurt. I was dizzy but not bad for 6 days after surgery. day 8 my ear crackled like an on and off switch i could hear. day 9 i could hear everythin and it was soooo loud. Today Its been on and off again. Its been so long so my other ear is so use to making up for noises. Today its like im in a tunnel. Ishower no but with lots of cotton balls in my ear no vaseline. Im on antibiotic drops till friday. Dont get my hearing test for another 5 and a half weeks all in all the most traumatic was waking up in recovery not realizing where i was

Old 02-15-2010, 09:32 PM   #74
    theponderousman
    (male)

theponderousman HB User

Hearingbetter: Good luck on your continued recovery and keep us posted on how it goes for you! I would have freaked out had my hearing gone completly away after the surgery, even for just a short period of time! I couldn't imagine how that felt, but I'm glad that it popped and it 'sounds' like things are progressing!

Bunny: Patience patience patience lol It sounds like your recovery's been going along pretty well too and that's great to hear

As for MY recovery, I'm coming up on 3 months post-op as I had it on November 30th, and even though I have another 3 months before I believe is long enough for my own 'recovery', I've gotten a little frustrated lately. My tinnitus has come back with a little bit of an attitude in my opperated ear lately with it being louder. Not sure what that means but I'll hopefully know here shortly as I go in for an appointment. My right ear, (good ear), still hasn't been able to pop which has been perhaps the most frustrating thing about this entire surgery, and unfortunatley, I'm starting to get used to it. I've been slightly 'force' popping my ears and my left ear has been able to pop every time, but not my right. BAH! I call BS! Ok that's just my venting, don't mind me The LAST thing I want to do though is for them to go in and do something to my 'good' ear, even put in a slight cut to relieve the pressure. Keep your fingers crossed for me if you would!

Christian, ThePonderousMan

Old 02-23-2010, 02:17 AM   #75
    soundboy
    (male)

soundboy HB User

Yay...great to hear so many positive stories from hearingbetter, bunny, lucious and ponderous.

@ ponderous I'm about the same stage nearly 3 months, my hearing is at a point where i'm definitley happy, but hope for a little more ( I actually still have a perforated ear drum from the operation which i'm waiting to heal) Which means still no swimming or water in my ear at least for another month or two.

Everyone's experiences seem really normal...just want to remind people not to get discouraged from the bumps along the way...
    It was at least 2 months before I could say I was happy with the outcome...and nothing's definite till around 6 months.

Congratulations everyone for having the courage to do this operation(most likely after thinking about it for years)

Closed Thread