It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board

• Stapedectomy failure

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-01-2010, 03:58 PM   #1
    mpeela
    (female)

mpeela HB User
    Unhappy Stapedectomy failure

Stapedectomy is a very minor surgery. I heard very good about it. But, there will be very lucky people like me sometimes I got Stapedectomy done on 12/22/09 to my right ear. Doctor told that my hearing was improved. But, as my ear is completely stuffed with cotton, I really didnot notice the difference. Immediate after the Stapedectomy I got the right facial paralysis (eye, nose, lips) and complete dizziness. I was not able to walk without support. Again I had to go for another surgery to fix the dizziness and to see what is happening inside. During the second surgery (happened on 12/28/09)they had to revert the stapedectomy and also had to do a nerve grafting for the facial nerve. Now even I am scared to look at my smile...can't close my eye...this is a horrible experience and doctors tell it might take 6 months...sometimes 12 months or event more than that. I sometime still feel the dizziness. This site looks great to share our experiences. Can anyone who are as lucky as me share there experiences.

Any information is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2010, 01:26 PM   #2
    bunny01
    (female)

bunny01 HB User
    Re: Stapedectomy failure

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mpeela View Post
    Stapedectomy is a very minor surgery. I heard very good about it. But, there will be very lucky people like me sometimes I got Stapedectomy done on 12/22/09 to my right ear. Doctor told that my hearing was improved. But, as my ear is completely stuffed with cotton, I really didnot notice the difference. Immediate after the Stapedectomy I got the right facial paralysis (eye, nose, lips) and complete dizziness. I was not able to walk without support. Again I had to go for another surgery to fix the dizziness and to see what is happening inside. During the second surgery (happened on 12/28/09)they had to revert the stapedectomy and also had to do a nerve grafting for the facial nerve. Now even I am scared to look at my smile...can't close my eye...this is a horrible experience and doctors tell it might take 6 months...sometimes 12 months or event more than that. I sometime still feel the dizziness. This site looks great to share our experiences. Can anyone who are as lucky as me share there experiences.

Any information is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    I'm really sorry. I wish I had something hopeful - or at least helpful to share with you. I notice you had yours done back in Dec. Not sure if you'll even look at this website now, but if you do, my thoughts and prayers for you that you are recovering nicely.

Closed Thread