It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board

• broken or dislocated stapes

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-31-2013, 05:40 PM   #1
    akisa
    (male)

akisa HB User
    broken or dislocated stapes

Hi All,

This is my first post here and i apologize if there was simmilar subject to this.
    I had punch in the right ear when i was a kid, some 15 years ago, and since then i have about 45db hearing loss in lower frequences, where loss on higher f. is much less(at 8k about 20db). I was diagnosed that my stapes is broken or translocated (the last bone in the ossicular chain that connects the middle and inner ear). My doctor said that it would be very risky operation considering that it's the last bone that relies softly on the inner ear (cochlea), unlike otosclerosis where bones are just frozen and risk of operation there is much lower.
    Anyway, i live in Serbia where operations like stapedectomy you wouldn't wanna do. She mentioned something about laser surgery that would maybe work. So i would be very greatfull if anyone has any information that can help about my case or success of laser surgeries in general for this problem. Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread