It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board

• stapedectomy/ossicular chain reconstruction

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-03-2013, 01:39 AM   #1
    kozombist
    (male)

kozombist HB User
    stapedectomy/ossicular chain reconstruction

My 2 cents.. this board had been very helpful with info.

I started noticing hearing loss about 15 years ago when I couldn't hear people properly. It was never that bad and a gradual loss, but within the last year, I think I have had probably only 15-20 percent hearing left in both ears. went to the ENT in SF. They told me that I probably had Otosclerosis recommended exploratory surgery and or Stapedectomy

On August 28, 2013 I had a Stapedectomy/ossicular chain reconstruction. I woke up from the surgery with the nurse speaking louder than normal. I told her you don't have to speak so loud now with a smile. I haven't had any of the other reported symptoms of others. first off I could hear better right after the operation. I am not suffering any pain, dizziness, taste disturbances and the ear looks fine no redness or excess bleeding. I am happy

I have an appointment 9/5 to see the doc again, but I know I am fine I can already hear without a hearing aid.

It turns out I was very lucky that the doctor who operated is one of the best in the world Lawrence Lustig UCSF(according to this board)

Best to all

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread