It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board

• 5 day post-op Stapedotomy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-03-2013, 01:22 PM   #1
    bcm33
    (male)

bcm33 HB User
    5 day post-op Stapedotomy

I had my Stapedotomy 5 days ago and things have gone pretty well, but I have some concerns about my recovery. The Dr. said everything went really well, and once the anesthesia finally wore off (which seemed to take 24hrs.) I felt quite good. Then at about 2 days post-op, I seemed to regress a little. I developed ringing in my ear, which I had none before the surgery, and now my right ear is really muffled. From reading the boards, it sounds like my middle ear is full of the packing gel and blood, and thatís why I canít hear much at all. I had to stop using the electric tooth brush because it was way too loud and I donít dare eat potato chips.  I still have the metallic taste in my mouth but it is starting to subside. Once my body begins to absorb the gel and blood from the middle ear, will I be able to tell a big difference immediately, or will I just see small improvements. Iím hoping Iíll just wake up one morning and the ringing will be gone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread