It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board

• need a diagnosis

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-15-2013, 07:46 PM   #1
    mutty80
    (female)

mutty80 HB User
    Unhappy need a diagnosis

Hello Everyone,

My name is Toneka. I am 34 years old and I have been suffering from an inner ear disorder. My symptoms include mostly vertigo, or sometimes a feeling like i'm just floating. Every since this condition started, almost a year ago, my life has changed. I have seen many different doctors and the only thing I'm told is to visit another doctor. Although, I did see an ENT and he suggested that I have some testing done, where i'm placed in a dark room with goggles over my eyes and air or water poured into my ears. To be honest, I'm terrified of this test, thats's why I haven't taken it. My family doctor as well as a doctor in the emergency told me I have fluid in my ears. That's the only thing that seems to be clear. If anyone could help me or offer any advice, I would greatly appreciate it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2013, 07:09 PM   #2
    Narue
    (female)

Narue HB User
    Re: need a diagnosis

You can have a myringotomy and have the fluid drained from your middle ear. Did I understand right that it is in the middle ear and not the inner ear? I think extra fluid in the inner ear is like meniere's disease or another that is closely the same. I don't blame you for not wanting to take that test. I wouldn't do it either. From what I have read there isn't much that can be done for meniere's disease. A change in diet can help. Check out vestibular diseases and read about the different kinds. They say with balance exercises your brain can gradually adjust. I have an undiagnosed ear problem as well and am trying to find out what it is. It has also changed my life and left me very frightened as I have a few ideas as to what it could be as I've been researching things. Ent has referred me on since the steroids were not helping me any. Do you ever have a feeling of pressure in your ear or ears? Any hearing loss? I feel that for our modern world ear doctoring is archaic and way behind the times. Not enough research and new doctors in this medical field. Good luck to the both of us.

Old 11-17-2013, 07:32 PM   #3
    FeelingNervous
    (female)

FeelingNervous HB User
    Re: need a diagnosis

Hi Mutty80,

Have you ever had a hearing test done?

Closed Thread