It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board

• Stapedectomy 2 months later

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-21-2013, 06:23 AM   #1
    Orivera
    (male)

Orivera HB User
    Stapedectomy 2 months later

Hello:

I am hoping to hear from some people that have had this procedure. I'm going on 2 month and things are not good. I hear a lot less through that ear and I am also having lots of problems with my head. It is difficult to describe what is going on. I hear a lot of noise and I can barely move my head without feeling like a rush or electric feeling. I'm seeing my dr this Tuesday but I'm getting so frustrated. They gave me some steroid pills that seem to have made everything worse. I also went for a CAT scan this pass Friday. Has anyone else gone through this? It is getting very stressful for me and I really don't know how to deal with this.

Thanks

Orlando

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2013, 09:12 AM   #2
    FeelingNervous
    (female)

FeelingNervous HB User
    Re: Stapedectomy 2 months later

Hi Orlando,

I, too am experiencing some complications with my stapedectomy. I'm 13 days post-op now, and started prednisone today after having packing removed and a hearing test that shows worse sensorineural hearing loss than before surgery. I've started a thread on this Board also that gives more detail of my experience thus far. Both my surgeon and audiologist have advised me to remain hopeful that these medications will help healing, so I'm trying to stay positive and recommend you to hold onto hope as well. Sending healing thoughts your way!

Christina

The Following User Says Thank You to FeelingNervous For This Useful Post:
    Orivera (11-21-2013)
    Old 12-11-2013, 08:48 PM   #3
    FeelingNervous
    (female)

FeelingNervous HB User
    Re: Stapedectomy 2 months later

Hey Orlando,

Any improvements to your hearing? I am now almost 5 weeks post-op, and am now being referred for evaluation for Cochlear Implant. It seems that I have suffered from damage to my cochlea during surgery. (Not that my surgeon will admit this, of course. He's just said to come back in 2 months for another hearing test.)

Hope you've received better news at your last doctor's visit!

Closed Thread