It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board

• Tinnitus/Ringing in the Ears

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-20-2013, 08:31 AM   #1
    seara
    (female)

seara HB User
    Tinnitus/Ringing in the Ears

I have had Tinnitus now for about two years, it started in my Right ear, and now its ringing in my left ear. I have a neck injury, and I think that is what is causing it. I have two hearing ears, but the fact is, I just want my normal hearing back. Treatments are very expensive, I wish I knew of something i could take that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. Why do people have to try and get rich off of the poor and suffering?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2013, 09:03 AM   #2
    solofelix
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
    Re: Tinnitus/Ringing in the Ears

I understand how you feel.
    I have suffered from Tinnitus for so many years I have lost track of how long and have in the main have learned to live with it. I have it in both ears but it does not effect my hearing.
    Sometimes the sound is like ringing-bells, other times its a low boring humming sound and at the moment it is just about every sound possible as I have a heavy head cold and it is going full steam.
    I can sympathise but cant say what might help you. I was told by an ENT Dr many years ago that there is treatment such as masking the sound with another sound but I have left it as it is and try not to concentrate on it.
    I wish you well,

Solofelix.

Old 12-20-2013, 09:13 PM   #3
    seara
    (female)

seara HB User
    Re: Tinnitus/Ringing in the Ears

Hello, thanks for your reply, I was able to get hearing aids for both ears through my insurance it has a white noise sound, which helps alot, but I don't like wearing them to bed. So what I do is listen to white noise on a ipod with flat earplugs and that is the only way, I can get at lease three hours of sleep.

Closed Thread