It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board

• please help. stapedectomy post op

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-05-2014, 12:26 PM   #1
    aysha26
    (female)

aysha26 HB User
    please help. stapedectomy post op

Hello. I had my first stapedectomy for my right ear 6 years ago. it was successful. stilI I hear with my operated ear well except some ringing in my ear. but 11 days ago I had another stapedectomy for my other ear- left ear.That post op problems and results are completely different when I compare to my other ear. I don't hear properly. today is the 11th day. I have a lot of ringing and I feel as if my ear was full. the ringing is irritating.When I had the same operation 6 years ago, I had no ringing, feeling full . I just remember metalic sounds and they were really high. now no voice is high and irritating.I wonder is there anyone else experienced those ringing-mostly pulping tinnitus,not hearing properly? Because I feel really worried and nervous and as if something went wrong. my doctor said it all went well. I haven't had the hearing test yet. but I am worried.please write about your experience. it will be nice to talk to people who had the same operation. thanks...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2014, 04:19 PM   #2
    Peanut1981
    (female)

Peanut1981 HB User
    Re: please help. stapedectomy post op

Hi not sure I can help you but no one answered any of my questions when I post. Think I just need support cause I'm scared I posted this:

Hi everyone Im Diane 32 years old, On Feb 27th 2014 I had a left stapedectomy. Im so scared that it didn't work. My hearing in my operated ear wasn't that bad to start with Im not sure how its written but it was 30 in my left ear. Doctor told me that he thought I needed surgury. Well I did it. After surgery on the way home I burped and it vibrated in the operated ear felt funny and shortly later the ear popped not sure if thats the right word or not but my hearing went down. Do you think it fell off? How do you know if it fell off? I hear the heart beat in my ear and like a static sometimes and my ear makes poping sounds.

I still have some packing in my ear because it was stuck and Im on ear drops now and go back march the 19th 2014 to have it taken out. Im freaking out. Some higher pitched noises sound weird to me like some womens voices on tv almost sound a little muchkiny. Not all the time but since I've been using the ear drops. Anyone else have that? My ear still hurts sometimes like pressure or sharp short little pains.

Last night I cried cause Im scared I made a huge mistake but stopped cause I know I can't really blow my nose haha.
    No one seems to understand how I feel and how scared I am they say it takes time, and I know if it did work it takes time, but I read some people can hear so soon and things are really loud. I dont know why I hear voices weird or sometimes my ear seem on a delay. Like listening to a song in the car I feel like the operated ear hears it like a 1/2 sec delay or something like slower(Its hard to explain). Anyone else have that?

Im just so scared. I have a spot over my left eye brow that if I touch I guess its a nerve it feels like someone is pulling my hair on top of my head. Nurse said its from a probe thing that put there or something that beeps during surgery if the doctor gets close to a nerve. Taste buds still off tounge feels more sensivite now and less numb.

Please someone help me I feel alone and I know its stupid to feel so scared but I have no one to talk to who understands.

I have been having a high pitched sound in my ear there just seems to be getting worse. I didn't have it before surgury but I did have the palsating tinnitus but it wasn't that bad. Tho it has gotten worse since surgury

The following user gives a hug of support to Peanut1981:
    bubba1965 (05-14-2014)
    Old 05-14-2014, 12:20 AM   #3
    Bazyan
    (female)

Bazyan HB User
    Re: please help. stapedectomy post op

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Peanut1981 View Post
    Hi not sure I can help you but no one answered any of my questions when I post. Think I just need support cause I'm scared I posted this:

Hi everyone Im Diane 32 years old, On Feb 27th 2014 I had a left stapedectomy. Im so scared that it didn't work. My hearing in my operated ear wasn't that bad to start with Im not sure how its written but it was 30 in my left ear. Doctor told me that he thought I needed surgury. Well I did it. After surgery on the way home I burped and it vibrated in the operated ear felt funny and shortly later the ear popped not sure if thats the right word or not but my hearing went down. Do you think it fell off? How do you know if it fell off? I hear the heart beat in my ear and like a static sometimes and my ear makes poping sounds.

I still have some packing in my ear because it was stuck and Im on ear drops now and go back march the 19th 2014 to have it taken out. Im freaking out. Some higher pitched noises sound weird to me like some womens voices on tv almost sound a little muchkiny. Not all the time but since I've been using the ear drops. Anyone else have that? My ear still hurts sometimes like pressure or sharp short little pains.

Last night I cried cause Im scared I made a huge mistake but stopped cause I know I can't really blow my nose haha.
    No one seems to understand how I feel and how scared I am they say it takes time, and I know if it did work it takes time, but I read some people can hear so soon and things are really loud. I dont know why I hear voices weird or sometimes my ear seem on a delay. Like listening to a song in the car I feel like the operated ear hears it like a 1/2 sec delay or something like slower(Its hard to explain). Anyone else have that?

Im just so scared. I have a spot over my left eye brow that if I touch I guess its a nerve it feels like someone is pulling my hair on top of my head. Nurse said its from a probe thing that put there or something that beeps during surgery if the doctor gets close to a nerve. Taste buds still off tounge feels more sensivite now and less numb.

Please someone help me I feel alone and I know its stupid to feel so scared but I have no one to talk to who understands.

I have been having a high pitched sound in my ear there just seems to be getting worse. I didn't have it before surgury but I did have the palsating tinnitus but it wasn't that bad. Tho it has gotten worse since surgury

Closed Thread