It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board

• Dealing with new life

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-13-2014, 01:09 AM   #1
    bubba1965
    (male)

bubba1965 HB User
    Dealing with new life

I had my stapenectomy due to losing my hearing due to ototosclorsis. Choice was hearing aid or surgery. Besides hard of hearing nothing else. Implant has since been removed by 2nd doctor due to multiple reasons. I am stuck with noise, pinging,pressure,imbalance and eyes going blurry while trying to read(yes got new glasses),that stops my life on a daily basis . I did just get a musicians ear plug for my good ear which helps in public.Life is good when i can make dinner!! Been almost 2 years went to vestibular therapy any ideas???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2014, 07:25 PM   #2
    creeker14
    (male)

creeker14 HB User
    Re: Dealing with new life

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bubba1965 View Post
    I had my stapenectomy due to losing my hearing due to ototosclorsis. Choice was hearing aid or surgery. Besides hard of hearing nothing else. Implant has since been removed by 2nd doctor due to multiple reasons. I am stuck with noise, pinging,pressure,imbalance and eyes going blurry while trying to read(yes got new glasses),that stops my life on a daily basis . I did just get a musicians ear plug for my good ear which helps in public.Life is good when i can make dinner!! Been almost 2 years went to vestibular therapy any ideas???
    I had stapedotomy about 2 weeks ago and now everysound in that eae is so loud it is not tolerable or understandable. You mentioned getting a musicians ear plug which I am not familiar with. What is that and where can one be purchased? Your reply most appreciated.

Old 08-10-2014, 07:36 PM   #3
    bubba1965
    (male)

bubba1965 HB User

The musician's ear plug is fitted at your ear doctors. Cost was nominal and different filter levels are available. It has helped me when I do try to venture out to help with ambient nouses. I am now diagnosed as deaf left ear with extreme giddyness( yes actual term on SS application. Means over active nerves , shakiness unstableness. Hope this helps:-)

Old 08-11-2014, 07:09 PM   #4
    creeker14
    (male)

creeker14 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bubba1965 View Post
    The musician's ear plug is fitted at your ear doctors. Cost was nominal and different filter levels are available. It has helped me when I do try to venture out to help with ambient nouses. I am now diagnosed as deaf left ear with extreme giddyness( yes actual term on SS application. Means over active nerves , shakiness unstableness. Hope this helps:-)
    Thanks you for quick reply and for the information. I am seeing my surgeon tomorrow and will ask about a musicians ear plug. Again thank you.

Closed Thread