It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board

• Stapedectomy & 50 days post op

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-28-2014, 09:58 AM   #1
    Dodyfae
    (female)

Dodyfae HB User
    Stapedectomy & 50 days post op

I had my stapedectomy surgery on April 8, 2014 -- if I had to go back at this point I wouldn't have had the surgery. I've had only moderate hearing improvement and I have a constant high pitch ringing in my ear. When I woke up from the surgery I immediately started throwing up and it continued for about 2 days. I was completely incapacitated from vertigo for about a week after the surgery. The vertigo is still there just not as bad. If I were to put a earbud in my ear to listen to music then take it out I get dizzy - I feel as though something hasn't quite healed correctly. Because it seems like a long time to still be dealing with dizziness.

Also the Dr. never really did take out the packing that I see everyone else is talking about. I had a cotton ball and that's all. He left everything else in there and said it would dissolve. When I went back for my one month appt. he tried to pull out some crusting that was still in the ear, but it wouldn't budge and the pain from that was unbearable. I go back in 6 months for another check up.

I just wonder if anyone else has been thru this and has a positive outcome with some of the symptoms I mentioned becoming less of an issue.

Thanks!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    dizziness, ringing ears, stapedectomy, tinnitus