It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board

• Please offer your opinion

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-20-2014, 05:08 PM   #1
    speedy2056
    (male)

speedy2056 HB User
    Please offer your opinion

About 18 months ago I hit my head and had instant almost complete deafness in my right ear. A few days later I noticed I had a pulsing tinnitus in the same ear along with an almost constant low frequency humming noise and fullness in that ear. It had been left so long because my doctor wanted to see if it would get better. It didn't and I had an MRI of my head. It came back clear.

A quick look in both of my ears revealed nothing. The hearing in my right ear has recovered for the most part. Along with the said symptoms I also get fluctuating muffled hearing, sometimes in the opposite ear. I already have nerve damage in my left ear and my ENT is convinced about the same in my right ear although he never did a tuning fork test, just the standard earphone test. But I know something is definitely going on because I never had these problems before my head trauma, especially the pulsing tinnitus, fullness sensation and mechanical humming noise.

My question is how should I proceed? Does anyone have an inkling of what it could be?

Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2014, 04:22 PM   #2
    sweetpotato13
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User
    Re: Please offer your opinion

If I were you I would go for a second opinion at this point.

Old 08-30-2014, 04:41 AM   #3
    Janster
    (female)

Janster HB User
    Re: Please offer your opinion

I would seek a 2nd opinion.

Although, head trauma is a serious deal and can do damage to so many different things.
    Were you diagnosed with a concussion?

Closed Thread