It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board

• Hearing Distortions/ Metallic Voices/Cheap Transistor Radio

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-11-2014, 05:13 AM   #1
    hearinghero
    (male)

hearinghero HB User
    Hearing Distortions/ Metallic Voices/Cheap Transistor Radio

hi there,
    I read that some other people in this forum experienced some degree of hearing distortion. Back in July I suddenly developed tinnitus in the morning. I suppose this was the consequence of a therapy given to me for a specific condition. Anyhow, I immediately quit the medicine that could have caused it. Problem is: I then started developing some degree of hearing loss... not major, just subtle suggestion that something was missing. The situation kind of worsened few weeks later. On week 3 I started developing some sort of hearing distortion, as if any time I was listening to certain voices (say my voice for example as well as somebody else) there was (and there is) some sort of synchronized higher pitched voice saying exactly the same thing. Altogether it sounds like hearing somebody voice trough some cheap transistors radio (I heard this description before) or if you prefer, it sounds like voices are very metallic.
    I heard of somebody in this forum using Alpha Lipoic Acid for this kind of condition and this helped them a lot. Did any of you make any recovery from this? Alternatively, can you tell me your opinion/outcome/therapy?
    I went to 2 separate doctors (ENT/Audiologists) my audiogram turned out well (in the first one I had some slight loss - up to 20db - on lower freq and the rest fine, in the second one, I had exactly the opposite reading, very good on low freq and up to 20db in the highter frequencies) . These readings / reading tests left me very confused because they were both performed by good professionals in isolated cabins, etc.. So it's very strange that the results are so different. Beside, I have the impression that my loss is higher than the one they see. Anyhow, please let me know your thouhts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread