It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board

• Does bruxism related tinnitus ever go away?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-24-2014, 05:58 AM   #1
    Sky Kitty
    (female)

Sky Kitty HB User
    Does bruxism related tinnitus ever go away?

I've been sleep clenching since February. It's gone untreated, cause I'm extremely poor. I'll be able to look for a solution once I have money coming in, till then the whole universe is like FU.

Fast forward to October 22, and I develop tinnitus, after sleep clenching with intensity.

My left ear feels like it's been set on fire, and stabbed repetitively with a spear. The ringing is so loud it's actually painful.

Last edited by Sky Kitty; 10-24-2014 at 06:00 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2014, 09:06 PM   #2
    MountainReader
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
    Re: Does bruxism related tinnitus ever go away?

It can go away. Mine did, but it did take a while.

There is no easy solution. If you can find a way to afford it, there is a cheap book called The TMJ Healing Plan by Cynthia Peterson that has tons of ideas that you can do on your own without cost. You may say that you don't have TMJ, but the TMJ joint is just mm from the ear. If the bruxism has the joint out of position or the muscles are in constant spasm because of the bruxing, the impact to the ear can result in tinnitus.

If you can use massage, trigger point releases, relaxation exercises, etc... it could help. The ways to do it are listed in that book. Also, finding any ways you can for stress relief, especially before you fall asleep could help too.

As for the tinnitus noise, a white noise machine can help but I know they cost so that probably isn't an option. Also, muscle relaxers temporarily can help with the muscle spasming if it is contributing to your tinnitus to help you sleep.

I hope you are able to find some strategies that help you. Just know that there are solutions possible out there.

Closed Thread