It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board

• Hear heart beat in ear.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-20-2015, 10:04 AM   #1
    janld
    (female)

janld HB User
    Hear heart beat in ear.

For the past 3-4 months I have been hearing my heart beat in my right ear. I have been to ENT and he says very common, but at times, I start worrying about what could be the cause. As many posters say, it is worse at night. I take BP meds and have afib. I am on meds for both of those. I find myself taking my BP over and over. I am a widow and live alone so have no one to listen to my worries. I am a constant worrier and sometimes afraid to leave the house in case something happens to me. I am bearing my soul now. Please, please if anyone has this, please respond to my post, I think I am going crazy. Many people have told me they have the same thing and been through many tests which turned out negative for anything wrong. I went to a psychiatrist who put me on Ativan which I am trying to get off of now. I feel like I have side effects from that. It will take 4 weeks to taper off. Is there anyone out there who has comforting words for me?? jd

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2015, 04:22 PM   #2
    sweetpotato13
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User
    Re: Hear heart beat in ear.

Here I am!
    TONS of people,including myself, hear their heartbeat in their ear. And I"ll tell you this....when my ears are stuffed, I hear it a lot. I believe that the reason why it seems worst at night is because it's so very quiet. Issues that, in the light of day could be tolerable, at night can become intolerable.
    I am sorry that you are alone. I think that you would benefit so very much from some sort of support group or your local senior center. It would give you a chance to be with others so that you can become less self-involved (and I say that with love, not judgment). It sounds as if your medical issues are well cared for with medication. Taking your BP over and over again is of little comfort for you, I'm sure. Get out there, connect with others, and you will find your life improving. Hearing your heart beat in your ear does not mean that there is anything medically wrong with you..it's just an annoyance.
    Hugs to you, Jan!

Last edited by sweetpotato13; 03-20-2015 at 04:23 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to sweetpotato13 For This Useful Post:
    janld (03-21-2015)
    Old 03-21-2015, 07:19 AM   #3
    janld
    (female)

janld HB User

Thank you so much for your comforting reply--you are a dear. jd

The following user gives a hug of support to janld:
    sweetpotato13 (03-21-2015)
    Old 03-21-2015, 11:01 AM   #4
    sweetpotato13
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User

Any time!!

Closed Thread