It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

scared of getting a heart disease.

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-24-2015, 04:43 PM   #1
Shawnee8890
(female)

Shawnee8890 HB User
Unhappy scared of getting a heart disease.

I've just turned 20 in April this year (2015), and I am terrified of getting a lethal disease while I'm young, mostly getting a heart disease of some kind as I went through a phase when I was 18/19 and I ate a lot of takeaway food all the time. I barely touch the stuff now, and I don't drink alcohol or smoke and I try to eat anything other than take away, but I feel like I've screwed myself over with how I ate last year.. heart issues don't run in my family, in fact I don't believe any major illness does, so I'm not too worried about inheriting a hereditary disease, but I'm not exactly very active at the moment either, as I lost my license 5 months ago, (I get it back in a month) so I generally sit at home all day every day, either doing nothing or just watching TV, so I don't really exercise at all, but I definitely get enough sleep. I'm worried I've damned myself because of my lifestyle last year, and the fact that I'm just sitting around doing nothing this year is scary too, what are the chances of me getting a heart disease or having a heart attack or stroke? And are there any preventative measures I can take to not get a heart disease anytime soon?
Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2015, 08:34 AM   #2
rosier
Veteran
(female)

rosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB User
Re: scared of getting a heart disease.

Sound like you need to take a trip to the doctor, you may have depression issues more that just the fear of hert disease here. You are sleeping a lot at 20 years old and barley doing any exercise, which is not healthy for someone your age. Perhaps you could do a walk around your neighbor early in the morning for 30 minutes and in the late afternoon for 30 minutes. Walking is great exercise. If you do not even do this, you need to see a doctor for depression. And you are obsessing over something you do not know much about. Talk to your parents about health issues that run in the family. Every family has health issues. And get to a doctor to check you out. Good luck. Hugs for today.

Rosier
Never give up.

Closed Thread

Tags
disease, dying, fear, heart, paranoia