It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• Low iron with high rapid heart rate

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-05-2015, 04:09 PM   #1
    jazmintl
    (female)

jazmintl HB User
    Unhappy Low iron with high rapid heart rate

I have low iron. I have every symptom that comes with it. Almost all the symptoms have gone away except for weakness, short of breath and rapid heart rate when I try to brush my hair, shower, clean, fold laundry basically anything that requires use of my arms or any type of fast exertion. How long until the rapid heart rate/tachycardia goes away? 3 months? a year?. So far I have had this problem for 2 months and have now been supplementing 2x a day Vitron C with oj for the past month. I have had blood work vit d was low, b12 and iron. I am taking meds for the deficiencies. I have a full cardio work up done and everything came back normal. I cant even go grocery shopping or wash my hair with out my heart wanting to beat out of my chest. Its affecting my life so bad im only 31 and feel awful. I cant do anything I use to do. I cry everyday because of this. I just want to know when will my heart go back to normal. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2015, 10:36 PM   #2
    Bob652
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Bob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB User
    Sorry to hear about your issue. I would think by now that you should be back to normal unless you have another condition that is slowing your recovery. Do you take any antacids on a regular basis or when you take the iron? The stomach needs to be as acidic as possible in order for your body to absorb the most iron (hence the orange juice).

Does your doctor know that you are still having this problem? Sometimes it is necessary to have a blood transfusion if you are lacking too much. Transfusions come with risk but it might be something to ask about in order to get back to normal.

I hope you feel better soon.

Old 06-06-2015, 12:41 PM   #3
    jazmintl
    (female)

jazmintl HB User
    Re: Low iron with high rapid heart rate

Thank you for responding, Well my first blood test my iron total was 46 and hemoglobin 12.9 . So I started to take ferro sequel once a day. A month later I had an appointment for a physical, my iron total was 36. So Dr. put me on Vitron C 2xday I have been taking that for a month now with a cup of oj. I take one pill as soon as I wake up wait 2 hours then eat breakfast. I take the second one with 2 hours after I eat right before I go to bed. I don't take antacids. I completely change my diet cut out sugar, fatty foods, fried foods, bread, rice, pasta. Since taking iron pills for the past 2 months my periods have been wonderful! I use to have a heavy menstrual didn't realize how bad they were until this year.

My doctor does not know that I still have this problem. My last appointment with him he prescribed metoprolol and scheduled me to have an echo-cardiogram. That came out fine and that he doesn't know what else he can do for me because every test that I have it all comes back normal. I don't feel normal I feel like I am existing not living. I really don't want to take a beta blocker, I feel as if my low iron is causing all of this.

I think I will give the office a call on Monday and have some blood work done to see if the supplements are working. I am so distressed over all this.

Old 06-06-2015, 04:37 PM   #4
    Bob652
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Bob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB User
    Have you seen a cardiologist or a hematologist? It might be good to see one or both. They are the experts on these issues. If you can, I would go directly to them to see if they can get you back to normal.

Old 06-20-2015, 12:09 PM   #5
    jazmintl
    (female)

jazmintl HB User
    Re: Low iron with high rapid heart rate

I went to the cardiologist. Turns out I have P.o.t.s. the low iron deficiency made all my pot symptoms worse according to the doctor. I have to take fludrocotrisone now. Kind of bum that I was diagnosed with this annoying debilitating illness. I guess it could all be much worse.

Closed Thread

Tags
    anemic, tachycardia