It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• Jaw pain - heart problem?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-05-2015, 12:40 PM   #1
    MikeM9045
    (male)

MikeM9045 HB User
    Jaw pain - heart problem?

Hi,

I have had a painful jaw for about 10 days. After about 3 days I went to the ER as I had other worrying symtoms (left harm pain, chest pain) and my ECG came out just fine.

The chest pain quickly went away, followed by the left arm pain a few days after. The jaw pain hasnt gone away yet.

It started on both sides and is now mainly on the right side. It seems the pain originates at the joint of the jaw, sometimes radiating towards the ear, sometimes towards the throat. Sometimes, the whole area around the joint feels a bit numb.

The pain usually gets worse as the day goes by. Chewing alleviates the pain, so does applying a gentle pressure with my hand on the sore area. Pushing my lower jaw upwards and backwards also alleviates the pain.

I am freaking out and cannot get over the idea that it is heart related.

Any held is more than welcome

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2015, 04:55 PM   #2
    sweetpotato13
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User
    Re: Jaw pain - heart problem?

I think you should go to the dentist, Mike, since you already got a good report for all that is heart related.

Old 12-31-2015, 02:59 PM   #3
    Sandy Beach
    (female)

Sandy Beach HB User
    Re: Jaw pain - heart problem?

Yes, it could be a heart attack or heart problem. Have a blood test done to test your troponin enzyme level. I had jaw and face pain for about a year, dentist could find nothing wrong, EKG showed nothing. I had a heart attack a few weeks ago and jaw and facial pain is a sign of impending heart attack. The ER checked my troponin and it was high confirming heart attack. Good luck!

Closed Thread

Tags
    attack, heart, jaw