It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• Pounding heart

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-02-2015, 06:03 PM   #1
    chiraldude
    (male)

chiraldude HB User
    Pounding heart

I have looked through this forum and found people with similar but not exactly the same symptoms.
    About a month ago I started having heart palpitations. What I mean by this is that my heartbeats are exceptionally strong. No irregular beats, just constant thumping that I can't ignore. I can deal with this during the day but it often continues through the night making it impossible to get a good nights sleep.
    These episodes can last as long as 48hrs but usually 24. Sometimes I can identify a trigger, like a stressful event but often it just starts for no apparent reason.
    So far my doctor has given me Xanax and a beta blocker. This has helped me get to sleep a number of times but I know Xanax tolerance builds quickly and that this is a short term fix. The beta blocker only makes my heart rate slower, doing nothing for the beat intensity.
    I am understanding that this falls into the category of Anxiety disorder but this is not a panic attack. Once my Adrenalin gets turned on I can't find a way to turn it off. Just have to wait till it shuts down by itself.
    I have totally cut out alcohol and caffeine btw.
    I need to find a way to break the cycle and shut down the adrenalin. Anyone have something like this and figured out a way to manage it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2015, 10:14 AM   #2
    Machaon
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
    Re: Pounding heart

In my opinion, besides alcohol and caffeine, other things that can over-stimulate or over-irritate the heart are chemicals; too much simple-carbs/sugar in diet; pollens; cigarette smoke; too much calcium, sodium or potassium in diet; odors; interactions with medications or supplements; etc.

Just figured I'd throw out some possible things to think about.

⇒ 900 weight lifts, 750 weighted knee bends, bike daily
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Closed Thread

Tags
    adrenaline, anxiety, palpatations