It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

Why is my heartbeat so uncomfortable?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-09-2016, 08:39 PM   #1
Annabelle801
(female)

Annabelle801 HB User
Why is my heartbeat so uncomfortable?

So I'm having some weirdness with my heart. I thought it had to do with anxiety, but it happens even when I'm perfectly calm, relaxed, or happy. Background: I'm a 21 year old female. I drink extremely rarely and exercise fairly rarely as well but walk every day and do work a sedentary job.

Here is what I feel:
-(happened once) I was getting up from sitting down alone, and I felt the craziest pressure in my entire chest. It was like the wind got knocked out of me and I couldn't breathe for about three seconds. Then my vision started to go back. Not spotty like when you get up too fast. It was slow and just darkness.

-(happened once) not sure if it's related because I was very sick at the time. But I was in a room of people and started seeing black again. Then I couldn't hear, it felt like someone had their hands over my ears. I got really dizzy and then nauseous and then got actually sick to my stomach.

-(happens often) I find myself often with an accelerated heart beat. Typically I when I measure it, it's between 100-140. During these times I might just be sitting, at work, walking the dog, etc. Nothig highly active that should cause this.

-(happens often) I almost feel like my heart flip flops. The closest thing I can compare it to visually is a fish out of water. It literally feels like my heart is almost twitching.

-(happens every so often) it almost feels like my heart skips a beat. So instead of being consistent there is just an awkward pause for a second and then the first beat back is hard.

-(happens often) I am extremely aware of my heart beat. Again, without exercise but I feel it in my chest, other times I feel it in my arms and legs, or feel it in my face and ears.

-(happens every so often) I sometimes feel pain that is in my ribs or breast on the left side. I think. I don't think it's my heart feeling pin but I don't know.

The only instance that was ever even remotely painful in my heart was the first one. But there is definitely discomfort and I'm extremely aware. I don't have health insurance right now (just switched jobs and it's a complicated situation) and I don't want to seem like a hypochondriac. Any thoughts or advice would be great.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2016, 09:15 AM   #2
Machaon
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Why is my heartbeat so uncomfortable?

Hi Annabelle, sorry that you are having problems with your heart rate and beat.

There are many of us who have unexplained problems with the way that our hearts misfire. In many cases, there are external or environmental things that are negatively effecting our heart's electrical system.

In my case, among the things that cause my heart to misfire, are:
  • cigarette smoke
  • caffeine in coffee, tea, chocolate, energy drinks
  • sugar or high glycemic carbs
  • allergens/pollens
  • various chemicals like VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds)
  • inks
  • clothing dyes
  • household cleaners, chemicals and detergents

I have found and eliminated most of the things that cause my heart to go nuts, but I haven't been able to eliminate them all. I take Coreg and Digoxin to help keep my heart beating as close to normal as possible.

Since it has been quite a few days since you first posted, I hope that you have found some solutions.

Best of health and luck!
⇒ 6 low cal meals <1500 cals; 2 eggs,4 salads
⇒ 900 weight lifts&600 knee bends daily

Old 06-19-2016, 10:50 AM   #3
quincy
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Why is my heartbeat so uncomfortable?

Hi....i can relate, and while I do have anxiety and esophageal spasming (both I can tell the difference)....the heartbeat thing has been an issue for me for 40 or more years.

I suggest you talk with your doctor and request a thorough exam. You are detailed in your documentation, which is helpful.

q

Closed Thread