HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Heart Disorders (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/heart-disorders/)
-   -   Innapropriate sinus tachycardia (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/heart-disorders/1028536-innapropriate-sinus-tachycardia.html)

Og1kanobi 12-04-2016 09:25 PM

Constant ongoing lightheadedness and chest pain.

I am a 21 year old male who has been experiencing and array of unsettling and all around scary and life halting symptoms. My symptoms started about 7 months ago. As a note I should state I have had generalized anxiety disorder for about 6 years. It all started when I went grocery shopping with my mother and in the middle of the store I very suddenly felt like I was going to faint. I reluctantly made it to the car and the wave of faintness kept getting more intense as I drove home. I was the passenger I wouldn't have been able to drive. I stumbled into the front door and got on the couch and spent the next hour with agonizing dizziness, blurred visions, and feeling faint. I figured it was just a horrible panic attack even though I wasn't anxious when the symptoms came on. After awhile the symptoms somewhat subsided and I went and layed in bed and finally fell asleep. The next day I woke up and just felt "off" I was dizzy and my heart rate was through the roof and I had thrown up. My mother took me to the emergency room and they did blood work, eekg, and other standard tests such as blood pressure and chest x ray. After waiting with iv fluids and what not they finally concurred it was anxiety/stress coupled with mild dehydration. I was discharged and returned home, the next week was a living nightmare. I spent an entire week practically bed ridden from the amount of dizziness and faintness I was experiencing. It felt like someone was picking up my head and throwing it across the room. A couple of weeks later I went to my primary care physician an and she reviewed my e.r. visit and gave me an anti depressant and a beta blocker for anxiety. I felt a little better from her reassurance that I was fine. I spent the next two weeks trying to accept it was just anxiety and had to force myself to get over the unrelenting dizziness. Each day I slowly got better and was up and around a little more. One afternoon I go for a swim in my pool, I get out and about fell to the ground, the floor was moving. More dizziness even worse than before. Then for about a week after that pool episode I was back to being practically bed ridden due to dizziness and lightheadedness. For about a month after that it seemed I would continue this cycle, experience an intense episode of dizziness/lightheadedness and have to slowly recover for about a week getting a little better each day. Then one day out of the blue I get another episode, but this time it's coupled with immense chest pressure, and is very intense. I go to the e.r. once again and they run the same remedial tests. Accept this time they through in a brain scan to check for M.S. they once again concurred it was anxiety and stress, and possibly a drop in blood pressure due to the beta blockers I was given from my pcp for anxiety. (This was speculation) they also did a poor man's tilt table test and everything checked out. Even though I don't think they did the best job as my symptoms usually would occur after being up doing something for an amount of time.(side note: at the e.r. this time I can hardly walk, they had to put me in a wheelchair because I fell.) So they tell me it's just anxiety again and that I need to accept it. (********.) I've lived with anxiety for years and I don't think this is it. I do another follow up with my pcp who takes me off the beta blocker and gives me klonopin for my anxiety. Fast forward about 7 months to what's now present day, I've continued these cycles even with the anti depressants, benzo, and counseling for anxiety. I'm just always feeling like I'm going to pass out. I'll be doing something and all of a sudden boom I need to lay down or I'll faint it seems. Throughout these 7 months up to date I have now developed these horrible chest pains. Stabbing pains that migrate around my left peck area. And sometimes it's a squeezing/sharp pain. I decided to take matters into my own hands since this has completely destroyed my life and put it on hold, and went to see a cardiologist. I saw him a month ago and he had me wear a event monitor/portable ekg for 30 days. I go in to see him in a few days to see what he has to say. The event monitor caused me to become more introspective about what's happening and when it's happening. I've found that my pulse increases extremely easily with hardly any exertion. I have a low resting heart rate of about 60. I'll take a shower and check my pulse and it will be sometimes even 145! So in short, lots of faintness, dizziness, chest pain, and rapid heart rate with minimal exertion. This is not my anxiety. So please don't write me off to anxiety just like everyone else. Sorry for such a long post I'm just very scared and want my life back. Thanks.

Og1kanobi 12-07-2016 12:52 PM

Innapropriate sinus tachycardia

I was recently diagnosed with IST, however my resting heart rate is around 60. Very normal. It's only with exertion that my tachycardia takes place. Does this mean I may have been miss diagnosed? Can you have a normal resting heart rate and still have IST? Thanks.

joshzz 12-07-2016 02:45 PM

Re: Constant ongoing lightheadedness and chest pain.

You should check into the possibility that you have babesia duncani and/or bartonella. I know babesia duncani very well as my pulse would go out of control very easily.

wormwood a nutritional supplement will help with this but a better option is Zithromax with malarone and as a supplement: Cryptolepis.

The Zithromax with malarone will make a huge difference. If you need a good doc, then message me.

Og1kanobi 12-07-2016 02:48 PM

Thanks man I'll check it out

joshzz 12-09-2016 04:46 PM

Yes you can. Do yourself a favor and have someone take your blood pressure 1) while sitting down and 2) then after standing up in the same position for three minutes. If it drops a bit you probably have Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome also known as (POTS) and sometimes referred to as cardiogenic syncope. Tell me how make out! Josh