It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

Left Bundle Branch Block

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-24-2018, 09:47 AM   #1
CharlesR1
(male)

CharlesR1 HB User
Left Bundle Branch Block

Over 10 years ago I was diagnosed with LBBB and a 50% Ejection Fraction after further tests. I had no symptoms and actually felt I had strong cardio ability, swimming competitively at 45. While many others, some ironman competitors, huffed and puffed after tough sets I didn't struggle.

After numerous tests and finally a heart cath, the doctor said my LBBB was like someone with green eyes instead of blue. There was no underlying problem and heart muscle looked perfect. Weakness didn't cause the LBBB.

I still wonder and worry a bit though because anywhere I look, it seems like LBBB is a bad thing. How can I have a low ejection fraction and significant exercise doesn't create distress?

Anyone else ever hear of this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2018, 01:35 PM   #2
Machaon
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Left Bundle Branch Block

False diagnoses of LBBB and inaccurate measurements of ejection factor are quite common, depending, of course, on the skills and experience of the technicians doing the tests and measurements.

Have you been diagnosed with LBBB and an EF of 50% more than once, and by different medical facilities?
⇒ 6 low cal meals <1500 cals; 2 eggs,4 salads
⇒ 900 weight lifts&600 knee bends daily

Old 03-24-2018, 02:27 PM   #3
CharlesR1
(male)

CharlesR1 HB User
Smile Re: Left Bundle Branch Block

Thank you for your reply and I appreciate your point. The LBBB was originally diagnosed by Mayo Clinic and confirmed at my regular physical there where they performed an annual echo. An independent cardiologist also confirmed the LBBB but he was the only one to do an EF. I always suspected the EF must be wrong.

Old 03-28-2018, 08:39 PM   #4
lelectra
(female)

lelectra HB User

I was also diagnosed with lbbb. Kind of weird. It came and went for a while but now it is always there. My ej was 52 the other day, up from a low of 44. I have some symptoms though breathlessness spells of weakness, etc and been told I have early/mild heart failure. It is kind of rare to have without another reason. It often manifests after a previous heart attack, after lyme disease, chronic untreated high bp. I had none of those.

I do have a pfo and an atrial anuerysm. I have pvc's and pac's too. Kind of unnerving.

Old 03-28-2018, 08:42 PM   #5
lelectra
(female)

lelectra HB User

You have only had 2 echoes in ten years? I would get another one. And you should be followed by a cardio to keep an eye on this. From my understanding it causes stress on the heart so pay attention.

Old 11-23-2018, 09:31 AM   #6
CharlesR1
(male)

CharlesR1 HB User

Lelectra - For some reason I hadn't seen your replies. Thank you for responding and thanks for the advice. I agree it's strange there doesn't seem to be any reason. Just this morning, at 55, I had a pretty intense workout with a swim team I'm on and other than being out of breath from some sprints I feel normal. You make a great point and have given me the motivation I eed to get another echo and opinion. There are plenty of much younger people as well as athletes that go into cardiac arrest with no prior warnings.

I hope you have continued to improve yourself! Health issues are scary and I suspect most of us have been profoundly impacted directly or indirectly as a result.

Best regards,

Charles

Old 11-23-2018, 10:38 AM   #7
lelectra
(female)

lelectra HB User

Thank you, Charles. My ef holding steady so that is good.

Take care of yourself, too! Get a good cardiologist!

Linda

Last edited by Administrator; 11-23-2018 at 10:16 PM.

Reply Reply