It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• Palpitations

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-25-2018, 10:52 AM   #1
    saraw65
    (female)

saraw65 HB User
    Unhappy Palpitations

I need some advice and encouragement.

I'm getting really depressed and anxious lately because of palpitations.
    I have a bicuspid aortic valve with mild regurgitation and mitral valve prolapse. I have had palpitations for about 30 years and told I get PVC's PAC's and SVT.

Everything causes them: walking in the wind, cleaning snow off my car, bending over, raising my arms to wash my hair in the shower, sugar, any form of caffeine (haven't had caffeine in years and really miss tea and coffee and hate having water when everyone else is drinking coffee and tea), stress, anger, gas, big meals......it's like there's nothing that doesn't cause them!

The last 3 weeks I have had something like a quick burst of about/what feels like 2 or 3 beats a pause and then a thump.

I could go hours without them, or have them for hours. There's no regularity to it. I'm also wakened at night from them. Also lately, most times, not every time, I will have a palpitation and then a hot flash (yes I'm old enough for hot flashes).

The echocardiogram, stress test and ekg, that I had in the last year, all shows the same thing as they did years and years ago. bicuspid aortic valve, mitral valve prolapse and I'm told I'm fine, not to worry. How can I not worry when almost everything causes these palpitations?

I have researched and researched and found out that wine can cause Afib. Now I"m worried about that because I usually have a glass or two each night because I heard it is healthy especially for people with migraines and protects against stroke. How do I know if these palps I've been getting the last 3 weeks are just regular palps or Afib? I'm so stressed.

And on top of that, I'm planning a trip which requires an overnight layover and a total of 11 hours on the plane. Normally, I don't mind travelling by plane and have enjoyed it each time except the last time when I had tachycardia on the plane, which completely freaked me out. Now I'm scared it will happen this time.

Started taking coenzyme Q10 yesterday and B12. I'm hoping it will work. I also plan to get chelated magnesium or magnesium citrate tomorrow.

Does it sound like I should be worried? Anyone else experience palpitations like this or the same things that cause palpitations?

Sorry for the long post, I needed to get this off my chest.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    fast heart rate, heart arrythmias, palpitations, racing heart at night