HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Heart Disorders (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/heart-disorders/)
-   -   Chest Pain when walking -- Help (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/heart-disorders/1047088-chest-pain-when-walking-help.html)

Ashley9045 06-08-2019 05:23 AM

Chest Pain when walking -- Help

Not sure if anyone can give me some of their experiences with this. I saw a few cardiologists over the past few years in regards to chest pain. This is random, and mostly happens when I am walking a distance--I get really bad pains in my chest. It happened to me last night, and when I got to my destination and rested, they went away. The pains were pretty bad when walking, and I was walking with a crowd and they were wondering why I was not keeping up. The last cardiologist said he found nothing wrong with me, EKG, Echo, stress test, Calcium score count test was 100, but WHY am I getting these pains. He gave me nitroglycerin to take if needed, but never elaborated on them. I read about this medicine, and it sounds like there are side effects, dizziness etc.. and I do not think I want to take this when I am out walking on a street. Do I possibly have blockage? Is this impossible since I had these tests done. After the way I felt last night, I am super scared of this coming back. Has anyone ever had this? Thank you.

Machaon 06-08-2019 06:39 AM

Re: Chest Pain when walking -- Help

[QUOTE=Ashley9045;5495277] ... He gave me nitroglycerin to take if needed, ... it sounds like there are side effects, dizziness etc.. and I do not think I want to take this when I am out walking on a street. [/QUOTE]

Have you ever tried to take nitro while you are at home [U]to see how much you react to the medication[/U]? If your reaction is mild then you might consider trying it while walking.

If, when experiencing bad pain while walking, nitro relieves the pain, it might suggest heart related issues, otherwise it might suggest muscle or pulmonary related issues?

If you decide to take nitro, after experiencing pain from walking, you could consider sitting down prior to taking the nitro, as a precaution.

Regards, Bob

Ashley9045 06-08-2019 07:27 AM

I have never tried the nitro at home because it is not happening when I am doing my every day things, it only happens when I am out and it requires me to do heavy walking.

JohnR41 06-08-2019 07:49 AM

Hi Ashley9045,

Being that you are into aerobic exercising you might also be into eating lots of animal protein with the idea of building muscle and losing weight.

If that's the case you may be getting too much saturated fat in your diet. Whatever type of fat you're getting in your diet will be used in the production of new cells. Not only does animal protein promote a faster turnover of cells but the saturated fat that comes with it will change the cells functional integrity. Lots of saturated fat used in cell construction will make the cells less fluid or less flexible.

I don't know how you eat but if this is the case, try eating less animal protein, especially protein that contains a lot of saturated fat. Instead you might try replacing it with some vegetarian meals and vegetable protein. [B]Beans may be a good substitute for nitroglycerin because beans will help the body to produce nitric oxide.[/B] With beans you can accomplish two things at the same time: 1) you replace some of the excess animal fat and 2) you get some plant protein that will promote the production of nitric oxide.

Nitric oxide regulates important cell functions, healthy blood flow and blood pressure. Also, it will help to maintain the endothelium lining of your blood vessels. It's a super thin lining that can be easily destroyed with the wrong diet. But when maintained properly, it has been compared to Teflon because nothing will stick to it.

In addition to this, it would help to eat plenty of fresh fruit, a wide variety of non-starchy vegetables including dark green leafy vegetables, legumes as mentioned, nuts and seeds etc.

Ashley9045 06-12-2019 04:10 AM

I really do NO aerobic exercising, I was talking about just walking, at times quickly if I need to get someone where fast. So this happens when I will do a brisk walk, then when I get to my destination and sit down, it starts to disappear--the pain.

Ashley9045 06-12-2019 04:21 AM

[QUOTE=Machaon;5495279]Have you ever tried to take nitro while you are at home [U]to see how much you react to the medication[/U]? If your reaction is mild then you might consider trying it while walking.

If, when experiencing bad pain while walking, nitro relieves the pain, it might suggest heart related issues, otherwise it might suggest muscle or pulmonary related issues?

If you decide to take nitro, after experiencing pain from walking, you could consider sitting down prior to taking the nitro, as a precaution.

Regards, Bob[/QUOTE]

I saw the doctor this week and he said even though my calcium score test was Zero, my other tests came back normal from when I saw the cardiologist, sometimes your arteries could be very narrow and when you physically do walking etc.. could cause the pain because the arteries are not letting the blood flow through normally. Very scary to me and he wants me to go back to the cardiologist. When I saw the Cardio, and after 2 hours of being there, he gave me the nitroglycerin if needed, but he told me to try it out at home first to see how my body adjusted to it because of the side affects

JohnR41 06-12-2019 06:55 AM

[QUOTE=Ashley9045;5495358]I really do NO aerobic exercising, I was talking about just walking, at times quickly if I need to get someone where fast. So this happens when I will do a brisk walk, then when I get to my destination and sit down, it starts to disappear--the pain.[/QUOTE]

Brisk walking is considered to be moderate-intensity aerobic exercise.