It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• Rapid heart rate when moving around

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-15-2019, 02:42 AM   #1
    Melissaadore
    (female)

Melissaadore HB User
    Rapid heart rate when moving around

Alright everyone I need some help. Iíve been in the hospital since Saturday morning with a rapid heart rate of 140 when I came in. I had all the usual tests done. Ekg, echo, chest x Ray, checked my thyroid out, tons of blood work. My resting heart rate has been ok anywhere from 80-90s. But the second I get up to do pretty much anything my heart rate monitor shoots up to 130s. How or why can this be ? This didnít start till I was taking a new medication Elavil. It has not been taken since I was admitted Saturday but Iím not sold that that could be the reason for this. So far all my tests has came back great. My TS4 for thyroid was a little elevated but when they checked it with an ultra sound it came back normal. Iím at my wits end. Iíve never had heart issues, but ofcourse numerous other issues but Iím only 31. Help!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2019, 07:20 AM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: Rapid heart rate when moving around

One of the side effects of Elavil is panic attacks. Maybe you should ask your doctor if you can stay off the drug for about a week or so to see if your heart rate gets back to normal.

Old 07-15-2019, 09:05 AM   #3
    Melissaadore
    (female)

Melissaadore HB User
    Re: Rapid heart rate when moving around

Iím currently not allowed to even keep taking it since Iíve been in the hospital. I know a rare side effect can be arrhythmia and increased heart rate. Havenít taken it since Friday night and no improvement yet.

Reply Reply