It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• Premature Atrial Contractions (PACs)

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-29-2019, 08:41 PM   #1
    filly1
    (female)

filly1 HB User
    Premature Atrial Contractions (PACs)

I am a 75 year old woman with a history of a-fib (one severe episode in 2017) after a diagnosis of sepsis. in any event, in the past two weeks i have had on and off episodes of 'skipped beats"- a few days ago i went to my PCP to get an ECG which showed PACs--- i had hoped these would just go away but i find that they just keep coming back. I guess I will put on a Holter Monitor (if i can stand keeping it on for too long)---- I do not have any underlying heart disease that I know of ( no CHF, no history of heart attacks), but these episodes are very disconcerting and uncomfortable. I have read that absent underlying heart disease these PACs are not considered life threatening but as I said they really are uncomfortable and they upset me. Does anyone else have these? how do you handle it? do you take medication and if so what do you take and does the medication work to stop the PACs--- any info would be helpful. Thank you
    in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply