It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• mitral regurgitation/rapid heart/auto immune disease

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-05-2004, 08:50 AM   #1
    SandyGirl

SandyGirl HB User
    mitral regurgitation/rapid heart/auto immune disease

I am in need of help. I have gone from doctor to doctor trying to put all the peices together. I went to a cardiologist due to a rapid heart rate for no known reason. My EKG presented my resting heart rate was 126bpm. The doctor put me on Toprol XL to slow down the heart rate, which it has. I went back a week later for an Echo Cardiogram which showed I have Mitral Valve Regugitation. The scary part is I have been having a very hard time breathing, I can't get full breaths. I still don't know what is causing the rapid heart rate. I am going to a pulmonary Dr this week, but I have been having symptoms if an auto immune disease which has yet to show its face... The blood work so far has been slightly abnormal but not abnormal enough to make a diagnosis. My fear is pulmonary hypertension. I have been having chronic cold hands & feet. Unbearable fatigue, and muscle & joint pain that could make you cry. I can't even hold the blow dryer over my head without taking a break. Anyone have the same? What does rapid heart rate mean if blood pressure is normal?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2004, 12:36 PM   #2
    AmyRS

AmyRS HB User
    Re: mitral regurgitation/rapid heart/auto immune disease

Hi Sandy,

Your story sounds similar to mine. I'm interested to hear what your docs think is wrong. I have the same problem with the hairdryer as well

My echo came back clear unlike yours. Are your feet or hands turning blue at all? I'm having bouts of that every time I'm sitting or standing and I'm curious to know if you have that as well.

My blood pressure has been all over the place - very low to very high for no known reason.

Good luck to you!

Amy

Closed Thread