It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• could water be the key to PVC

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-09-2004, 09:11 AM   #1
    cajunmommy

cajunmommy HB User
    Lightbulb could water be the key to PVC

I have seen a cardiologist for pvc and pac and he said they are nothing to worry about. For someone who has them you know this is easier said than done. I have been trying to link what I do and eat to the days my pvcs are worst. I read on here more water. I started drinking up to 140 oz of water a day. Yesterday I was very busy and only drank 40 oz of water and was woken up last night by a few pvcs in a row. It was my first ones in five days. Could the water intake be stopping or at least slowing down my pvc?

anyone with experience or advice I appreicate!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2004, 01:59 AM   #2
    brimormsbp
    Inactive

brimormsbp HB User
    Re: could water be the key to PVC

I don't see how taking water (above the usual sensible amount) would affect ectopic activity in the heart, atrial or ventricular

Old 08-10-2004, 06:09 AM   #3
    zip2play
    Inactive

zip2play HB User

I'm thinking that diluting the ions (electrolytes) that run the body's electrical system might conceivably have an effect...who knows?

Old 08-10-2004, 07:46 AM   #4
    brimormsbp
    Inactive

brimormsbp HB User

but it wouldn't do that

Old 08-18-2004, 10:18 PM   #5
    ralve
    Inactive

ralve HB User

Hi,
    This was interesting what you were saying about water, because in my experience, I have had dramatic improvements in my PVC frequency when I drink more water. That's not to say that water is any cure, but it's amazing how it helps. And, not other drinks even with water in them, such as tea, but pure, good water. I have been reading an interesting book lately, that points to the fact of how water affects many things in our bodies that we wouldn't even realize. On the front of the book, it says "You're not sick, you're thirsty!" And, then, and the bottom it says, "Water, for health, for Healing, for Life." The author is F. Batmanghelidj, M.D., whom it mentions is also the author of "Your Body's Many Cries for Water". Anyway, it's interesting reading about the many effects that lack of water has on our bodies. The thing that's surprising, though, is how most of us think we're getting enough water, but it's not nearly enough. It's surprising in the book how much he says we really need. PVC's are really such a mystery, though. So, I guess anything that helps a little is worth a try. If any of you are like me, and feel relieved if you are even going an hour with few of them, then anything that might help is a welcome thing. I am sitting here right now, not having as many as I usually do, and the thing is, you wouldn't think I should be feeling this way right now. I was stressed out today, kind of running all over, and then late in the afternoon, I gave in to my chocolate cravings, and had all kinds of different types of chocolate. I had a Hostess Chocolate Cupcake, parts of a chocolate bar, and a chocolate ice cream. (Don't ask.....I have stress in my life that leads me to do these things!! ) Anyway, the point is, I don't have many right now, but then will have a horrible flare up when I've been doing all the right things. I get them quite often sometimes, like every 5 to 10 beats. Do any of you get them that often ever? I read on a post in here where it said that if you get more than 5 in a minute, that would be considered dangerous and life threatening, and that scares me, because I routinely get them more than that. I've been to cardiologists, and nobody knows why I get them like this, so I have to resort to finding out my own cures. I think it could also be a hormonal thing, but it seems like there's an awful lot of men who write in here, that have them badly also. I don't take any meds or vitamins for them right now, because when I've done that in the past, it only eventually makes them worse for me. But, anyway, my point in writing this time was that I definitely see a correlation between water intake and the PVC's. Especially if I notice that I haven't had much water in the day yet, and it's late afternoon already, a good cold water will do wonders to calm my heart down. Just like jumping in cold water helps also. Have any of you noticed that? We used to vacation in Lake Tahoe alot, and the water there is very, very cold, and when I went in there, the PVC's would calm way down, and my heart rate would also slow considerably. So, I assume a cold shower might do the same thing. Well, good luck, maybe pick up that book that I mentioned, and take a look! Lots of water certainly couldn't hurt!! Also, one more thing, it's interesting to read in there, and realize how things in your body interact, like it might not be directly related to your heart, but it's other things in your body that falter when you don't get enough water, and this leads to the PVC's eventually, but it's a process that takes your body a while to get to. Thanks! Val

Old 08-19-2004, 06:35 AM   #6
    tbomp
    (female)

tbomp HB User

Yes, hydration is important. I have palpitations related to valve problems and my cardio told me that drinking enough water was the best thing to prevent them. I find they increase when I don't drink enough.

Old 08-29-2004, 08:42 PM   #7
    pauline38
    Inactive

pauline38 HB User
    Thumbs up Re: could water be the key to PVC

Hmm. This is interesting because I know that dehydration affects your electrolyte balance and water can help balance (I'm no doctor but isn't this correct?) electrolytes so I am going to drink more water!!! Try magnesium too, I've had great luck with it

Old 11-12-2004, 03:10 PM   #8
    chetah340
    (female)

chetah340 HB User

It really works?

I'll give it a try too!

Old 11-13-2004, 05:35 AM   #9
    Morn

Morn HB User

I found staying off caffeen has removed almost all my PVC's.

Old 11-14-2004, 09:51 PM   #10
    chetah340
    (female)

chetah340 HB User

Caffiene still irritates my pvcs but , I still get them. I even tried staying away from chocolate but it doesn't help. I'm glad your's have almost gone away.

Closed Thread