It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• Bruising from angio

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-13-2004, 09:44 AM   #1
    mattiza

mattiza HB User
    Bruising from angio

How long does it usually take for the bruising to go away after an angiogram?
    Mine is real black and starting to get a little bigger. But it is not really that soar.

Van

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2004, 11:33 AM   #2
    Jack51
    Inactive

Jack51 HB User
    Re: Bruising from angio

Van, I have had 3 caths and had very little bruising with each. I have heard of many, many people that have terrible bruising. I just don't bruise at all , and I have taken plavix for almost 2 years.
    Was you saying your leg (groin) is getting bigger, or is the bruising spreading (getting bigger) ? If your leg is swelling, it could mean that the seal that they put in your femoral artery, is leaking. If the bruising is spreading it could just be disapating, or expanding to a larger area.
    About 4 days after my first cath, I had to rush to the cardio's office to get an ultrasound of my leg, because of leg pain. They thought that it could have been a blood clot. Turned out that I was fine. Each cath that I have had has caused leg pain for about 1.5 weeks.
    You need to really watch for swelling and signs of a blood clot. Elevate your leg from time to time to prevent "pooling" of blood in the lower portions of your leg. I wouldn't do it for too long though, cause you are increasing the pressure on the seal. On second thought that may not be a good idey. Just move about some.
    One thing for sure is the doctor's office always get calls 2, 3 or 4 days after someone has had a cath. They expect it, so give them a call and they can really advise you on what your deal is. Stay close in touch with them. They are responsible for you. Hope all goes well and let us know if you have trouble (or more trouble).

Old 10-13-2004, 12:07 PM   #3
    mattiza

mattiza HB User

The bruise is getting a little bigger. Other than that I feel fine. And so does my leg.

Thanks Jack

Van

Old 10-13-2004, 12:11 PM   #4
    shambbles

shambbles HB User

Within a few hours of my angio, I felt a LARGE bump at the incision site (about the size of a 1/2 a large grapefruit). Within seconds a (VERY LARGE) (lol) nurse threw her body weight on my groin to stop the bleeding. The bruise covered most of my upper thigh and was still visible for over 5 months.

Old 10-13-2004, 12:12 PM   #5
    Jack51
    Inactive

Jack51 HB User

You're most welcome Van. Hope everything continues to go well for you

Old 10-13-2004, 08:37 PM   #6
    Jack51
    Inactive

Jack51 HB User

Shambbles, sounds plum kinky, ha ha ha, not. It sounds scary. Glad it turned out ok

Old 10-14-2004, 05:05 AM   #7
    zip2play
    Inactive

zip2play HB User

My bruise lasted a month and extended from mid thigh to half way between groin and navel. It went through the spectrum from black/purple, through fuchias, yellow, lime green...like a 60's psychedelic lamp!

I had a small hard knot the sizeof a large Lima bean at the injection site for weeks but was told it would go away...it did.

Shambles, you had a serious bleed inside, sometimes that hematoma has to be cut open to drain. For men they look for the scrotum to blow up with a bad bleed.

I had 2 burly interns pushing with their full weigh (in shifts) for over 10 minutes after they pulled the pigsticker....OWWWWW!

Nice to have it behind you, eh Mattiza?

Last edited by zip2play; 10-14-2004 at 05:07 AM.

Old 10-14-2004, 07:56 AM   #8
    mattiza

mattiza HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zip2play
    My bruise lasted a month and extended from mid thigh to half way between groin and navel. It went through the spectrum from black/purple, through fuchias, yellow, lime green...like a 60's psychedelic lamp!

I had a small hard knot the sizeof a large Lima bean at the injection site for weeks but was told it would go away...it did.

Shambles, you had a serious bleed inside, sometimes that hematoma has to be cut open to drain. For men they look for the scrotum to blow up with a bad bleed.

I had 2 burly interns pushing with their full weigh (in shifts) for over 10 minutes after they pulled the pigsticker....OWWWWW!

Nice to have it behind you, eh Mattiza?

Yes, it is now done, And no problems found. Thank God.
    Thanks to everyone for there insight.

Van

Old 10-14-2004, 08:13 PM   #9
    Fizzickle
    Veteran
    (male)

Fizzickle HB UserFizzickle HB UserFizzickle HB User

I had a cath on Tuesday before you had one on Friday.

My bruising is essentially gone. But I don't bruise easily.

Bill

Closed Thread