It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• Heartbeat sensations in your ears

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-08-2005, 06:00 PM   #1
    MrsPM
    (female)

MrsPM HB User
    Question Heartbeat sensations in your ears

Once in a while I get the very annoying feeling of my heartbeat in my ear. When it happens my heart rate is always rapid. It happened again last night. I was laying in bed and could feel and hear my heart in my ear. I kept changing positions hoping it would go away but that didn't help. I went downstairs took my pulse & blood pressure, it was 93 bpm and 109/67. After sitting up for awhile I felt like my heart was slowing down so I took my pulse again and it was 64 bpm and my blood pressure 104/59. I'm currently taking Inderal and have been for the past 7 months. This is the first time since I've been on the medication that I've had palpitations in my ears and they wouldn't slow down. Anybody else experience this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2005, 07:55 PM   #2
    Caroliz
    (female)

Caroliz HB User
    Re: Heartbeat sensations in your ears

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MrsPM
    Once in a while I get the very annoying feeling of my heartbeat in my ear. When it happens my heart rate is always rapid. It happened again last night. I was laying in bed and could feel and hear my heart in my ear. I kept changing positions hoping it would go away but that didn't help. I went downstairs took my pulse & blood pressure, it was 93 bpm and 109/67. After sitting up for awhile I felt like my heart was slowing down so I took my pulse again and it was 64 bpm and my blood pressure 104/59. I'm currently taking Inderal and have been for the past 7 months. This is the first time since I've been on the medication that I've had palpitations in my ears and they wouldn't slow down. Anybody else experience this?
    Many heart drugs have side strange side effects. This could be the Inderal but also could be a very benign condition. I had this sensation for about 2 years. (15 years ago) I would hear this heart beat in the ear when I was quiet at night, i.e. laying down, in the tub. It is ususally heard more at night. I have no idea why. Pls. discuss this with your doctor. And, I did not have heart disease when this was happeneing to me. Good Luck To You.

Old 08-09-2005, 02:42 PM   #3
    spencer123
    (male)

spencer123 HB User
    Re: Heartbeat sensations in your ears

i can always hear my heart beating in my ear when i lay on my ear (ear to pillow) at night and when i'm quietly relaxed. i dont think its anything to worry about.

Closed Thread