It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• Question about dizziness and shortness of breath

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-20-2005, 07:13 PM   #1
    KellyDL
    (female)

KellyDL HB User
    Exclamation Question about dizziness and shortness of breath

Hi, I'm new here. I'm a 29 year old female that's had many problems since giving birth 4 months ago. I had postpartum pre-clampsia that left me on high blood pressure medicine and about 6 weeks after having the baby, I strarted the shortness of breath. The dizziness started about 1 week ago. I have had some chest pains that caused my chest to be sore to the touch, which I know can be caused by inflammation. I have some feelings of pressure in the neck some. What has me more worried then that is the shortness of breath and dizziness. I have saw 2 cardiologists and many other doctors. I've been through Ct scans of my chest and pelvis, a stress test with the x-rays, an upper Gi-series, blood work for blod clots and proof of heart damage, an echo, and several EKG's. Nothing significant showed up. No thyroid problems showed in the blood work either. The echo did show some small amounts of fluid around my heart and a slight weakness, which both cardiologists have said is probably left over from the pregnancy and pre-clampsia/ high blood pressure. They did find a hiatel hernia with some type of ring. I don't have heart burn, but lots of burping. This has all gave me a very big scare. I'm not sure what to think. I have had a few panic attacks after all this started which I'm sure has made whatever the problem is worse. I would like some opinions on this. I do have bad allergies, which may be causing the dizziness, but I'm just not sure. The doctor's say it's not heart related. Please help!

Last edited by KellyDL; 08-20-2005 at 07:16 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2005, 10:20 AM   #2
    trekgirl
    (female)

trekgirl HB User
    Re: Question about dizziness and shortness of breath

What about your blood pressure? It can cause dizziness and lightheadedness. Good luck and get that blood pressure checked and eliminated.

Old 08-21-2005, 03:39 PM   #3
    KellyDL
    (female)

KellyDL HB User
    Re: Question about dizziness and shortness of breath

My blood pressure is completely normal now and has been for weeks. I'm on medication now. When this chest pressure started it was still high and they thought that my be the cause of some of my problems, but even after we got it under control, I still have the symptoms. The pressure has seemed worse for the past few days. I have had a stomach virus. I almost feel like I'm only breathing through one side of my neck. I was coughing this morning. I'm wondering if some of it may be tied to my allergies, which I'm supposed to be taking shots for and don't. I find it hard to believe that a hernia can cause all that is happening. I think the doctor's have thrown a diagnosis at me just because they don't know what the deal is. I had one in the ER actually look at me and say I am 100% sure this is not heart related. You are 29 years old and have had just about every test that we can do for your heart and it is healthy! This still doesn't make me sleep any better. I get so worried.

Closed Thread