It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• Need some Advice PVC's

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-16-2005, 01:55 PM   #1
    Brooke111
    (female)

Brooke111 HB User
    Need some Advice PVC's

Since in my early 20's I had problems with Tachycardia and heart palpatations. They never really bothered me too much and I just lived with it.

Since August of this past year I had several colds right after my wedding shower I noticed I still was not feeling well, I felt jittery and flushed basically an overall cruddy feeling..lol

When I went to the doctors to explain about this my pulse was 124, I noticed my tachycardia was getting worse, for example when I got up in the mornings my heart felt like it was racing. At first I thought that maybe it was just nerves because I was getting married. I went to the doctors a great deal, and they tried giving me beta blockers which did not help and made me sick. Well I got through the wedding and about two weeks after the wedding I got my first (that I knew of) PVC for two days it was off and on then on the third day it wouldn't stop, it was constant for hours. I went to the ER where they did blood work, chest X-ray and said it was PVC's this was about 4 weeks ago.

I had a few PVC's since then and I still get the fast heart beat and overall cruddy feeling.

I had a 24 hour monitor and an ECHO yesterday, I remember the tech said somthing about me having a heart murmer, but it was no big deal or somthing because a lot of people get in that area. I thought, but am not sure he said something about my EF being 153%, which I know is VERY high, although my pulse was in the 100's at that time....I still am not sure if he said 153%

All I know is this....I cannot live with my heart having PVC's NON-STOP!

My question is this, can that happen, can they be non-stop like that? with that constant feeling of flip-flop for 24 hours straight? Or do they go in waves, I can deal with once in awhile the PVC's acting up once in awhile, but not if every beat of my heart is like that the rest of my life?

Do the medications for PVC's work?

I know PVC's can be normal, but the feeling is awful and it is no kind of life if your in horrible discomfort every moment. I'm soooo scared of them coming back like they did that horrible day, only this time I'm afraid they will never go away.

Can someone help me at all?

Thank you for your time.

btw I am a 30 year old female with IBS and other problems. I am on an inhaler, but do not take it all the time. I am also on Birth control and QVAR.
    I am overweight but not severly obese.

Last edited by Brooke111; 11-16-2005 at 01:56 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2005, 03:49 PM   #2
    Timber
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Timber HB UserTimber HB User
    Re: Need some Advice PVC's

Hmm. Well, if you had an EKG during the run of PVCs, then they must have been PVCs. If it had been some other arrhythmia, the EKG would have easily shown that. But it's definitely unpleasant to have them so frequently. It's too bad the beta blockers didn't work. Have you thought about radiofrequency ablation? Did they tell you what kind of tachycardia you had?

Old 11-16-2005, 03:50 PM   #3
    Timber
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Timber HB UserTimber HB User

Also, have you tried all of the obvious lifestyle chanes like cutting out ALL caffeine, and eating a very low sugar diet? Also, drink PLENTY of water and avoid really salty foods. These things can help a bunch.

Congrats on your marriage by the way. I hope it's going well so far other than your health problems.

Old 11-16-2005, 04:11 PM   #4
    Brooke111
    (female)

Brooke111 HB User

Thank you so much for your response.

Right now I am in limbo, I just had the Echo yesterday, and the halter taken off yesterday as well so I have no results to really speak of.

The ER doctor just said, oh look PVC's, I felt like I was an animale in the zoo he was interested in.lol

He gave me a beta blocker through my IV when I was there, and when the PVC's subsided he sent me home. As soon as I walked to the car from the ER, they came back. After two days of rest they went away, and came back this past friday. I still have the Tachycardia and my blood pressure keeps going up and down.

I heard that ablation does not always work. I do need to change my lifestyle, howerver, I do not drink or have caffeine. I do smoke however, and I am trying to quit to see if that helps.

Thank you for the Congrats! I really am putting him through the test now with all these health problems.

Thanks again.

Last edited by Brooke111; 11-16-2005 at 04:12 PM.

Old 11-17-2005, 12:34 AM   #5
    starsofglass
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

starsofglass HB User

In some cases BC is known to cause PVC's...
    Also, relax! Stressing will only cause more PVC's...
    Good luck

Old 11-17-2005, 10:34 AM   #6
    Brooke111
    (female)

Brooke111 HB User

I know, my health has just been a mess latley, I'm trying not to stress. Do you think that PVC's could be caused by a virsus?

Old 11-18-2005, 01:13 AM   #7
    yugokid
    Inactive
    (male)

yugokid HB User

well cant say, theres no known cause for pvc's, they can happen in a health heart or in a unhealthy heart

Old 11-18-2005, 10:22 AM   #8
    Brooke111
    (female)

Brooke111 HB User

It amazes me, we have drugs to boost ones libido, yet no cure or reason for PVC's. I guess that goes along with a lot of things.

Old 11-18-2005, 02:14 PM   #9
    NatashaW
    Inactive
    (female)

NatashaW HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Brooke111
    It amazes me, we have drugs to boost ones libido, yet no cure or reason for PVC's. I guess that goes along with a lot of things.
    Have you tried calcium channel blockers? I take diltiazem and it seems to work pretty well. Also, people with asthma shouldn't take beta blockers as they can make asthma worse.

Old 11-19-2005, 09:39 PM   #10
    Harry
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

I had PVCs for several years that caused me to go to the ER many times. I had them every second or third heart beat and several Heart Doctors said I just had to live with it -- NO PROBLEM-- of course not for them. But they are not easy to dismiss especially at night listening if your heart is going to stop??

I changed diets to a more bland type diet and they went away. I now have no real PVCs problems.

I did alot of looking and searching with not much results and I determined that if your Vagus nerve gets irritated then you have more PVCs -- the vagus nerve wonders all around the upper chest area and an irritated throat can cause it. Any thing that irritates your throat & esophagus can cause PVC problems.

I would think that includes smoking, alcohol, spicy food and all the acidic foods & drinks.

I found out that to be healthy--- a person's intake should be 75% or 80% alkaline food & drink and 20 % acidic.

I wish you well~~~Harry

Old 11-20-2005, 12:32 AM   #11
    Brooke111
    (female)

Brooke111 HB User

I havn't tried anything except atnol, which really messed me up. You know I always wondered if it had something to do with my stomach, like heart burn etc.... I wish I could go back to that day and find out what I had to make me have so many PVC's in a row. Thanks for your help everyone.

Old 11-21-2005, 02:26 PM   #12
    NatashaW
    Inactive
    (female)

NatashaW HB User

Do you get the fluttering feeling, or pain at all??

I get pain and the fluttering when I get stomache cramps so they are definitely related. I wish the fluttering would stop!

Old 11-21-2005, 09:08 PM   #13
    Brooke111
    (female)

Brooke111 HB User

I can get it with stomach problems, but not always. It's not just the PVC's, but rapid heart beat and sometimes chest pains. I wish the doctor's would call with the results!

btw I had my gallbladder out when I was 18, ever since then I have had terrible upset stomachs and IBS. I wonder if its all connected.

Old 11-22-2005, 12:56 PM   #14
    NatashaW
    Inactive
    (female)

NatashaW HB User

What tests did you have done?? (sorry if you already answered that..I couldn't remember...) If your symptoms are very bothersome then it is worth it to try out other meds. I take a low dose calcium channel blocker. I still get the fluttering somtimes and sometimes I will, out of nowhere, get some moderate chest pain (yes, it's scary! But it goes away. And once you know for sure that you don't have a serious heart condition... you can learn not to stress about the pain so much). I get bad chest pain when I get stomach cramps (I have IBS...constant gas/bloating and rumbling feeling!). There is some literature online that says that many people with MVP have IBS.

Old 11-22-2005, 02:06 PM   #15
    Brooke111
    (female)

Brooke111 HB User

I will ask my doctor about that. It's all so confusing, I'm getting frustrated because it's been a week and the doctor has not called to tell me about my results. I called this past friday and then they called me Saturday to tell me they are still under review, they told me a week, and today is a week. I hate not knowing what is going on.

I know that if I eat certain foods then it will make my chest hurt and of course bloated. I had a scare back in October the day of my wedding, I was so nervous, I vomited and blood was there, a big patch (sorry so graphic) I wonder if I have an ulcer.

I am glad that the calcium blockers help you. I must bring that up to my doctor!

Closed Thread