It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• Advice Wanted tropinion levels

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-29-2005, 05:45 AM   #1
    norm2755
    (male)

norm2755 HB User
    Advice Wanted tropinion levels

Bit of History first had two minor heart attacks 10 and 4 years ago been fine since living life to the full enjoying every minute working all the things life is about...till this year. In February suffered from what was put down as flu...since then in September had a cold which also came with anxity attack (something never had before) I am 50 by the way...this was followed by serious bout of what was put down as IBS....and then followed with another major outbreak of flu like symptoms without the running nose or cold very weak muscles tired etc...started to get over that and was walking the dog for miles then on a Saturday had what I thought was angina (very cold and been walking) and the angina like symptoms on the Sunday went to the hospital who did two ECGs there was a small change after 15 minutes and they decided to do some blood tests this showed a slightly raised tropinon level and they told me I had another heart attack..... being through it twice I was not convinced but ws treated fully as heart attack was referred to a cardiolgist who performed an angiogram... this returned a small section of the right vessel slighly narrowed but not enough to cause a heart attack in his opinion and diagnosis is now NSTEMI....
    With the heart attacks it was easy I knew the cause stress on both occasions this time stress has not been an issue and I am struggling to understand what the trigger to the incident is and more importantly what I should be having checked .....part of me thinks its related to a virus of some sort either directly or by affecting my immune system making it weaker and therefore me more vunerable to something that affected the heart. With an appointment with the cardiolgist due shortly what questions should I be asking and anyone any ideas on what else I should be taking to protect me from further incidents.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread