It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• Embarassing question for the ladies = meds & upper lip mustache?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-29-2006, 07:24 PM   #1
    onstack
    (female)

onstack HB User
    Embarassing question for the ladies = meds & upper lip mustache?

I have a quite embarassing question about facial hair (upper lip mustache) and any possible connection to my new meds. I'm a female. Today I noticed not just the usual random upper lip hairs, but there must have been 50-75 long, black hairs. Enough to shave! I've never needed a waxing, have never even had one! My upper lip hairs are mostly soft, scarce, and unnoticeable. I'd do an occasional bleach every few months but really didn;t even need that! My heart meds are Plavix, Protonix, Bisopropronal (sp? it's the beta-blocker), and 81 mg aspirin. I can't find a thing online about any connection. These meds are the only thing that's changed in the last few months for me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2006, 08:13 PM   #2
    heartcreature
    (female)

heartcreature HB User
    Re: Embarassing question for the ladies = meds & upper lip mustache?

It sounds more hormone related. If anything I've seen thinner hair on myself specifically eyebrows. I never need to wax or tweeze them anymore. I'm 45 and I have no overgrowth of hair on the upper lip. I take zocor, aspirin and toprol. Not the same meds as you but I've taken Plavix and Protonix both in the past and my beta blocker is different. As as hairdresser I recommend waxing and not shaving. It just doesn't seem to get as coarse when you wax.

Old 01-30-2006, 12:59 AM   #3
    onstack
    (female)

onstack HB User
    Re: Embarassing question for the ladies = meds & upper lip mustache?

Oh no, I didn't shave it. I just did a thorough bleaching and will seek out my first waxing treatment...like immediately! Hormones sound right, now that you mention it. I'm experiencing the exact same thing with my eyebrows that you are!! Since menopause and maybe even a bit before that. I never have to tweeze or shape them anymore! They keep their shape perfectly. They're not thinner, though. They're just constantly perfect without a bit of care. Wow--something good!

Closed Thread