It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• Irregular Heartbeat

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-17-2006, 06:34 PM   #1
    Heather93291
    (female)

Heather93291 HB User
    Question Irregular Heartbeat

First off, I am 18 and lead a very healthy lifestyle. I go running at least 5 times a week, im a vegitarian, and all around somewhat of a health freak.

For about three years now i've had to deal with a stomach problem which we have been unable to identify, I keep getting the .. 'it's all in your head' thing. It's accompanied by a heart problem. I didn't think much of it at first becuase it was a slight irregular heartbeat, I thought I may just be more perceptive of my heart beating at times. Like the stomach problem, it was dismissed by doctors.

However, recently it's become more pronounced. My blood pressure is low, about 90 over 45 or so. My resting pulse rate is between 50-60 but once or twice a day, sometimes more.. I have 'episodes' where my pulse will be between 150-200 just sitting. I know thats REDICULIOUSLY high. It lasts from somewhere between 15 mins and 45+ at a time. As well as it being that high, my heart beat is irregular, sometimes beating normally and other times skips a beat or so. My dad is a doctor and has me hooked up to a monitor whenever it happens.. so we know it's not in my head! Thing is.. most of the time I feel pretty normal when it happens aside from a very fast hearbeat! Often I get dizzy, have trouble breathing, and chest pains. We've noticed my eyes get pretty dialated too. SO.. after all of that.. my question is... am I in any real danger or should I just continue on with the occasional doctor?

~Heather

Last edited by Heather93291; 04-17-2006 at 06:44 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2006, 07:04 PM   #2
    Timber
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Timber HB UserTimber HB User
    Re: Irregular Heartbeat

It sounds like supraventricular tachycardia (SVT). You need to get a referral to a cardiologist, because if you're having these episodes multiple times per day you need to be treated.

Old 04-17-2006, 08:12 PM   #3
    Heather93291
    (female)

Heather93291 HB User
    Re: Irregular Heartbeat

Is it something I should be worried about? Also, I noticed a few websites listing a symptom of nausea/upset stomach. Could there be a corilation between my stomach disorder and my heart? We've done a lot of tests and seen various doctors with little clue as to the cause. It would probibly take quite a while to describe it all.. but in essence my appetite has been extremly affected over the last year (which seems to be the time span where my heart has become more noticable) becuase of dull pain in my upper abdoman.

Closed Thread