It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• endocarditis following cardiac ablation

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-19-2006, 03:14 AM   #1
    but
    (female)

but HB User
    Unhappy endocarditis following cardiac ablation

Does anyone have any knowledge or information on the incidences of endocarditis following a cardiac ablation?I have had so many problems following an ablation at the end of February and was expecting to be fully recovered by now!Instead I am unable to walk more than a few yards before I get very breathless,chest pain etc. Any info will be gratefully received.Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2006, 09:16 PM   #2
    Beefsteak
    Veteran
    (male)

Beefsteak HB UserBeefsteak HB UserBeefsteak HB UserBeefsteak HB User
    Re: endocarditis following cardiac ablation

Quote:
    Originally Posted by but
    Does anyone have any knowledge or information on the incidences of endocarditis following a cardiac ablation?I have had so many problems following an ablation at the end of February and was expecting to be fully recovered by now!Instead I am unable to walk more than a few yards before I get very breathless,chest pain etc. Any info will be gratefully received.Thank you.
    Hi, I can see you are struggling to cope with your condition - but I am sure it will improve over time. The conditions you mention are not common ones. Cardiac ablation, although a lengthy procedure normally has a high success rate. If you have been diagnosed with endocarditis then that will require specific treatment. There are several types of endocarditis and as far as I know each is treated differently, after proper diagnosis.
    Make sure you doctor is fully aware of your condition and concerns, and difficulty moving around. Slow deep breathing exercise may help, especially if anxiety is contributing to the breathlessness.
    Someone else may have had personal experience with these conditions, and be able to offer further comments.
    Cheers, Beefy

Old 05-02-2006, 04:50 AM   #3
    but
    (female)

but HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by but
    Is it safe to fly following an ablation and the symptoms I have described?

Old 05-04-2006, 10:22 PM   #4
    Kimah5202
    Inactive
    (female)

Kimah5202 HB User

my heart pounded for about a yr or two after my ablation. i was a mess worrying about it but it got better in time, just like the docs said. one doctor told me it takes some of those nerves in there yrs to heal, he was right. i no longer have ist or a pounding heart all the time. dont give up hope. i swear your mind has so much control over your health. if you think about being healthy and being active you will be fine. when i worry about my heart or im depressed because of something else in my life i get pvc;s up the wazoo and im tired and weak. if i ignore it i still get them but i feel good.
    kim

Closed Thread