It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• PVC's ruining QUILITY of Life!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-11-2006, 11:24 PM   #31
    ralve
    Inactive

ralve HB User
    Re: PVC's ruining QUILITY of Life!

Hi~~
    thanks so much for the replies! It really helps to get the advice. Even though in my head, I can tell myself that I know it's anxiety sometimes, it still is so hard to control. I was at a store the other night, and had like a shortness of breath thing, and then the whole way home, I had these jumpy palpitations that were making me very nervous, even though I get them all the time, these were kind of different. It's like, once I felt short of breath, then it was the cascade of different symptoms again. Lately, I've been having this "other" fluttery feeling, a little different than the usual PVC's. I wonder if it might be atrial fib, since I did have that before. Anyway, I had heard that eating fish such as albacore tuna really helps prevent fatal arrythmias, so I thought I should start doing that, and I had some salmon today, but I realized how much I really hate fish, and so was wondering if any of you might know, if it is just as good to take a supplement for this? I guess it would be fish oil or omega 3, is that right? It would be much easier for me to do it that way, since I practically have to hold my nose to eat fish, I can't stand it. I can maybe stand tuna, if it's a grilled tuna melt, with cheese on sourdough, but I'd rather take the pill. I was wondering if any of you might know something about this. I was assuming that the supplement would of course not be as good as eating the real thing, but I guess I could be wrong.
    Anyway, I realize the palpitations are sometimes due to anxiety, but since I have them in the thousands each day, all the time really, mine are more due to something such as hormones, or something out of whack in my system. Neither I nor the doctors have ever been able to figure it out really, the doctors sort of dismiss them, since they know they are not that dangerous in the absence of any other heart problem, and since they can't do much about it. Once they find out that I don't want to go on any medication, they kind of just shrug their shoulders. Anyway, so I was just trying to think of things that might help, and was wondering about the fish oil thing.
    Thanks again for the help, and I hope you're all doing well. Have you guys tried the Fiji water?? I swear, it helps me!! Good luck, Val P.S. I drink a lot, though, like I'll have a couple liters of it a day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2006, 05:13 AM   #32
    barbpom
    (female)

barbpom HB User

Fish oils would be a great replacement if you do not like fish, try to purchase the ones with lemon flavor, because you can burp up fish oils, and for some, they don't like the taste but the lemon flavor is great. Another thing I'm looking into is thyroid problems, I go next month to a new Dr. you may want to go to a good Thyroid Dr. Also Vit b complex defiency is another culprit of heart palps. I have been having B complex injections and the palps are so much lighter now, I get them daily ( the palps), but they are light ones. I have learned through these forums, how common this terrible problem is . There was another place where I read on what is the reason why we get PVC's. The vagus nerve it irrated. I know how important Vit B's are for nerve health. I'm still searching all I can to learn more on how one can permently get these terrible palps out of our lives, I just hate the thought of having to live with these the rest of my life. I also will be getting my hormones checked to next month. I have a total hysteroctomy, and take no hormones, so maybe that can be the problem too.

Do you get yours palps very day, I have for the last 2 1/2 weeks.

hang in there!

Barb

Last edited by moderator2; 05-12-2006 at 06:16 AM. Reason: needless quote clogging the thread - please use the reply button instead

Old 05-12-2006, 10:01 AM   #33
    mimiof3
    (female)

mimiof3 HB User

You know, My cardioloogist sent me to an endocrinologist in Austin, and he decided to put me on OMACOR. It is sort new. 100% pure omega 3. It looks like a huge vit. e capsule. Supposed to help lower trig. and chlor. we wil see!
    Yes, I for one, have lots and lot sof PVS's EVERY single day. Some days are better than others. Some i am imobile. Scared of Dying, or going into V-tach. I am trying to sope with this situation, but not having much success. When they are firing 10 a minute~

Old 06-10-2006, 10:19 AM   #34
    Ken289
    (male)

Ken289 HB User

I have found the msgs on this board to be useful and reassuring, esp about the PVCs, which are new for me. I am a 60+ male with a history of heart disease (but no PVCs). I had 2 angioplasties at 38, 3 more at 53, and then a 6th on May1. This last one came with a stent as stents were just being introduced back in 1995 when I had my previous trio of procedures.

I have wondered if the presence of the little stent (they are fragile looking things) in my artery somehow has disrupted the "system" and has allowed these PVCs to come into play. It has been helpful to read about all of the commonality of symptoms from the messages in this thread and other places. Yet with all of the messages I have read, and research I have done, I am not any closer to having an idea how to control or eliminate these things.

I find it so curious that the doctor's all give the same kind of answer/advice: don't worry about. I suspect that this is all they can say as I will bet that the amount of research into these things has been low or inconclusive, and thus they have little or no clue about what to do about them.

On a more specific note, I also find it curious that my PVCs, which usually number in the dozens per minute (my quick test is the count regular beats between skipped beats --- 3 or 4 is "not good", over 60 is much better), are totally absent when I am exercising. I check before getting on the treadmill and there they are....get up to 105 to 115 bpm and the pulse is strong, steady, regular---no PVCs, not one. I check as I cool down and they do not reappear until I am well rested. Why is that? Why not have some PVCs during exercise?

Old 06-10-2006, 05:42 PM   #35
    scaredofskips
    (female)

scaredofskips HB User

I felt so bad to read your post. I hope things are getting better. I will keep you in my prayers.

Closed Thread