It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• Heart palps and Vitamin B injections

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-04-2006, 07:57 AM   #1
    barbpom
    (female)

barbpom HB User
    Heart palps and Vitamin B injections

Hi to all my fellow hearth palpers.

I have been suffering with this problem all my life, but it would come and go. The last few weeks it has been daily. Sometimes I would get a few hours off, then I would have them constanly for a few more hours. I hated each and everyone of them. They are scary. I have been reading up as much as I could about different defiencies to see if it could be something we are lacking that would cause this. Selenium could, but also I was extremely interested in reading about Vit B complex defiency. Extreme nervousness, feeling of inpending doom, heart palps, heart arrthms, and the list goes on. I had found a doctor that gives Vit B injections that have no aluminium in it or other preservatives. It was all natural. I was given my first injection and I noticed more energy, and the palps have decreased in intensity. I will be getting these injections weekly for awhile to see if that could possibly be my problem, a simple defiency?!?! If you read up on this defiency, we cannot store up Vit B, it has to be put into our bodies by good diet everyday. Drugs, stress, the chemicals we come in contact with, eat up our reserves of this important complex. Now, I also read to take just one vitramin B let say like niacin, and you do not get the right amount of the others can lead to a defiency in all the Vit B's, so they have to be all taken together. What I have studied, it looks like vitamin pills will not cut it, either, a food source or injection. I'm just beginning my study on this, and maybe it will be a dead end, But it sure gives me hope. Many Dr's don't know about nutrition they way they should, so that is why I decided to study up on it. I sure hope this will stir some of you sufferers of this terrible problem, but just maybe it will help.

Here is where I started my search for this:

[url]http://chetday.com/vitaminbdeficiencies.html[/url]

Sure hope it helps someone. As time goes on I will let you all know how it goes for the quest of getting these palps out of my life.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2006, 05:31 PM   #2
    SkyEagle
    (male)

SkyEagle HB User
    Re: Heart palps and Vitamin B injections

I have heart palpitations, but I also have a heart murmur, which I was born with. I never felt the murmur until I was in my thirties, and since that time I have spells where the palpitations are stronger than at other times. I've had tests to see if I need to be on medication, but so far my doc says it isn't bad enough.
    What has always bothered me is the inconsistency. For example, usually my doctor can hear the murmur loud and clear, in fact, that's why she suggested the test. But just last week I had a six-month checkup and the doctor said that she couldn't hear the murmur at all. She commented, almost to herself, that it "must come and go" - which actually, being said by a doctor, didn't make any sense at all to me. Then there are times when the skips, or palpitations - or whatever they are - are so strong that they have actually kept me awake at night. Other nights, I don't even know I have a murmur. Now I'm trying to figure out what makes it worse at times than at others. There has to be a reason for this, no?
    As of today I may be on to something: I woke up around 4 o'clock this morning and the palpitations started as soon as I awoke. They were so strong that it took me over an hour and a half to get back to sleep. I still had them when I got up around seven, but after I ate a little breakfast they went away and they didn't start back until this afternoon. I always eat an apple for breakfast with a cup of coffee, that's it, just an apple and coffee (no protein). But this morning I had a protein drink in the refrigerator, and I drank a little of it with my apple. There were no palpitations all morning, they didn't start back until mid-afternoon. For lunch I had a nice big salad with lots of peppers, beets, spinach leaves, and salad dressing, but no protein. As stated, the palpitations started mid-afternoon, or shortly after lunch, and they continued for several hours until I ate supper. For supper I ate a tuna fish sandwich and milk (lots of protein), and I haven't had a single palpitation since I ate.

So, what's the conclusion? Could it be that the protein is keeping the palpitations at bay? Has anyone ever noticed a difference in the palpitations depending on their diet? I'd be happy to hear anything you have to add to this subject.
    Thanks. Sky

Closed Thread