It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• Question abt Side Effects

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-07-2006, 09:52 PM   #1
    April91
    (female)

April91 HB User
    Question abt Side Effects

I'm new to this board and have a question. Several weeks ago, I was put on Lipitor, Plavix, Lisinopril, Metoprolol, and aspirin after having several stent implants. Since taking these meds, I have had the most bizarre side effects that my Dr. says is not caused by any of them. The effects are:
    1. Cold feeling to various parts of my body (even when it's not cold)
    2. Icy-Hot feeling on parts of body (feels something little like a sunburn). When I get this, it's almost like my breath is cold too & my nose is cold (weird).
    3. Tired, foggy feeling -
    The above symptons almost occur like clockwork during the day...they come and go but are worse around dinner time for some reason (as if whichever drug is causing them are time released). I stopped the Lipitor 3 days ago because I heard such terrible things abt it but I am still having the same symptons...Can anyone shed some light? Thanks!

Last edited by April91; 05-07-2006 at 09:53 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2006, 12:32 AM   #2
    shazz99
    (female)

shazz99 HB User
    Re: Question abt Side Effects

HI I had the sunburn feeling my whole body felt like it was going to combust and it was the plavix but when it firt started it was like a mild case of sunburn and then it built up after a week of having my stent it was so bad.
    It was proven to be the plavix.

I hope this helps

shazz

Old 05-08-2006, 09:30 PM   #3
    April91
    (female)

April91 HB User

Thanks Shazz...Can you tell me if it got any better?

Old 05-08-2006, 11:33 PM   #4
    shazz99
    (female)

shazz99 HB User

I can never have plavix again after I stopped taking the drug i got better i had to take warifen thank god i am off that now.

I hope you work it out my body is very senstive to all meds at the moment i dont take anything at all because of side effects even asprin causes problems but i am sure i have another blockage and i am due to have another anigogram soon so i can get on top of it before it gets me.

shazz

Last edited by shazz99; 05-08-2006 at 11:35 PM.

Old 05-09-2006, 04:59 AM   #5
    Lenin
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

With Plavix I had daily nose bleeds for the 60 days I took it. It can cause internal bleeds anywhere in the body so I am too frightened of it to try it ever again...I too will do aspirin-warfarin if I need any more stents <pray got never.>

ILuvMaxx,
    The "3. tired foggy feeling" is probably caused by the metoprolol. Why exactly are you taking it? If only for hypertension, you might be able to dispense with it but if for angina or cardiomyopathy, then you might need to live with beta blocker side-effects.

Old 05-09-2006, 02:58 PM   #6
    April91
    (female)

April91 HB User

Thanks Shazz and Lenin...I'm taking the Metoprolol for high blood pressure and (I guess) because I had several stents put in 3 weeks ago. Have to have 2 more put in tomorrow morning. I am not looking forward to that at all but, to be honest, the meds are worse than the cath procedure.

Old 05-09-2006, 04:05 PM   #7
    shazz99
    (female)

shazz99 HB User

Hey good luck with everything hope it all goes well for you.

shazz

Closed Thread