It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• Heart Flutters and indigestion?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-21-2006, 12:28 PM   #1
    justme231
    (female)

justme231 HB User
    Heart Flutters and indigestion?

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone knows if "heart flutters" can be a result of digestive problems. I have had a very acidy feeling in my stomach, probably due to too much motrin/tylenol that I have been taking for cramps. Last night and today, I have been experiencing the heart flutters constantly. I also feel like I have a lot of air in my stomach that won't come up (like I need to burp). I had some pop just now, and that helped and oddly the flutters seem to subside when I am able to (not to be gross) burp. Anyone ever hear of the two being related? Thanks for reading my post.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2006, 08:49 AM   #2
    godsproperty000
    (female)

godsproperty000 HB User
    Re: Heart Flutters and indigestion?

I believe it does. There hasnt been much study on it and I dont know why. I have Gerd and I also get skipped heart beats that come with having Mvp but also can be irritated by the Gerd. I notice that if I am having the weird beats...if i belch..then it relieves them. Try taking prilosec to calm your indigestion and see if it helps the flutters calm down. If it does..then you have your answer. God Bless.

Closed Thread