It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• Sudden slow down of heart? God only knows.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-03-2007, 10:16 PM   #1
    hoosier_guy
    (male)

hoosier_guy HB User
    Sudden slow down of heart? God only knows.

Sometimes I will either be laying down or sitting down or pretty much not doing anything physical, my heart is fine...however, if i get up to do something, or especially if sitting on the ground, my heart will slow down to a crawl and beat really hard for about 3 seconds. Or if I get mad or angry it will sometimes beat really hard. I am afraid. It seems nobody knows what is going on...does this happen to anyone else...i dont know what it is.

It happened tonight and my heart rate dropped to 55 bpm for a quick moment then up to 79 then to my norm.

The only thing I can think of is due to my obesity and poor physical shape (I am working on it) the sudden change in movement creates a sudden demand in my heart where it pumps harder at first then speeds up to where it needs to be.

Less than a year ago I had an echo, EKG, strip monitor, and 10 day holter monitor and all they found was high blood pressure and 2 pvc's.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2007, 04:17 AM   #2
    lylone
    Veteran
    (female)

lylone HB User
    Re: Sudden slow down of heart? God only knows.

Hoosier,

Are you exercising? Even walking for 30 minutes a day can help with PVCs and high blood pressure. I am on meds, but even after starting to walk every day my pressure has gone down at least 5-10 points and the pvcs are like maybe one a day.
    I have also seen where my bpm is down to like 50 about 5 minutes after walking. Any kind of activity will raise your bp and bpm even if its getting up off the couch.
    I have lost 10 pounds in a couple of months and have already seen a difference. Probably could have lost more but the holidays get in the way.

lyl

Last edited by lylone; 01-04-2007 at 04:19 AM.

Old 01-05-2007, 10:59 PM   #3
    mimiof3
    (female)

mimiof3 HB User
    Re: Sudden slow down of heart? God only knows.

You are doing good Lyl!! I'm proud of your dedication and committments...please continue to remember me next wed. ? Your weight loss is great!!!

Closed Thread