It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• holter monitor question

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-12-2007, 02:40 PM   #1
    wrmasylum
    (female)

wrmasylum HB Userwrmasylum HB User
    holter monitor question

I wore aholter monitor for 24 hours. Waiting for results which should come on on monday. All day my heart rate was good in the 60s. Blood pressure which i monitored was good also. At night however i had a heated argument and gotupset where my heart rate increased and i felt some flip flop palpitations which didnt last long. Do you think this will give me negative results from the test now?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2007, 02:57 PM   #2
    kylie541
    (female)

kylie541 HB User
    Re: holter monitor question

Not neccessarily, I wouldn't have thought so anyways. I wouldn't worry about
    it either. If it does pic something up from that time it may show something that needs to be treated. Stress in a part of everyones life so if it causes your heart to misbehave maybe you need some treatment to sort it. I would discuss it with your cardio if and when you need to.

Old 01-12-2007, 04:43 PM   #3
    wrmasylum
    (female)

Thanks for taking the time to reply I got my blood results and they were fine. Monday i should know. I had a cardiolite stress test in Feb 06 and all was good. Could things change that much one one year>

Old 01-14-2007, 05:25 AM   #4
    dad22
    (male)

dad22 HB User

Quote:
    Do you think this will give me negative results from the test now?
    A Holter Monitor is like a 24 hour EKG. As you probably know, when you have an EKG in your Doctors office, it only lasts for maybe a minute, tops. The Holter Monitor gives the Doctors a better and more reliable view of your hearts electrical impulses.

What you probably experienced was a P.V.C (Premature Ventricular Contraction) or a P.A.C (Pre Atrial Contraction). Both are common and usually benign.

Old 01-14-2007, 06:30 AM   #5
    kylie541
    (female)

kylie541 HB User

I wouldn't worry about things until you know for sure. I know myself some days my heart feels worse than it actually is. Ohters it's really racing an I don't notice until I go to the doctors and the tell me. The doctor will tell you exactly what the problem is I would think so don't worry until you need to.

When you see him tomorrow don't be afraid to ask any Q's even if you think they sound stupid. You need your mind put at ease so it's important to be straight with them if you are not happy demand to have another opinion or more tests done.

Good Luck and I hope it all goes well

Old 01-15-2007, 12:26 PM   #6
    wrmasylum
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kylie541 View Post
    I wouldn't worry about things until you know for sure. I know myself some days my heart feels worse than it actually is. Ohters it's really racing an I don't notice until I go to the doctors and the tell me. The doctor will tell you exactly what the problem is I would think so don't worry until you need to.

When you see him tomorrow don't be afraid to ask any Q's even if you think they sound stupid. You need your mind put at ease so it's important to be straight with them if you are not happy demand to have another opinion or more tests done.

Good Luck and I hope it all goes well

Old 01-15-2007, 12:30 PM   #7
    wrmasylum
    (female)

I got my holter monitor results this morning and all came back good, thank God. The palpitations i mentioned they said most people get them. I had only gotten them that once time and no other time during the 24 hours so they said it was normal. they told me keep taking the increased Tenormin until my next appt next month for a routine yearly physical.

Thank you all for taking the time to reply to my post..it means and helps alot. God Bless.

Closed Thread