It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• Need some valuable input PLEASE ?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-24-2007, 09:20 AM   #1
    dinney
    Veteran
    (female)

dinney HB User
    Need some valuable input PLEASE ?

Hi to all you good people out there ~
    Next week I go in for my routine bloodwork since I'm on lipitor and 2 mo. on verapamil due to sinus tachacardia. Since I have been on it (verapamil) I have experienced MORE dizziness and vision problems. Have no idea if the two even have a connection and I have suffered for so many years with the "eye" thing, get blurry, watering, vision not clear. I have had my eyes tested routinely and they are o.k.(wear trifocles).. I have TMJ really, really bad and they tell me it can cause these problems..NOW, good ole me, been on the internet and saw where a person was having trouble with their vision and it was a circulation problems...I AM FREAKING !!! Years ago I had the test on my cartoid sp? arteries and it was fine. What do I need to ask my Dr. to do as far as tests to do ? She thinks alot is my anxiety but I'm sick of that excuse, I flat don't feel great. Thanks to all who have time to give me some advice..God Bless

Last edited by dinney; 01-24-2007 at 09:21 AM. Reason: added something

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2007, 10:27 AM   #2
    BiggerMac
    (male)

BiggerMac HB User
    Re: Need some valuable input PLEASE ?

From the tone of your posting you do seem to be suffering from anxiety. Perhaps your doctor can help you deal with that if he or she doesn't feel your symptoms are organic. But, in any case, if you don't trust your doctor, I think you should get a second opinion... a professional one, from a different doctor.

Old 01-26-2007, 03:40 AM   #3
    susan kay
    Veteran
    (female)

susan kay HB User

hi not that i know a whole lot kenkeith usually helps me but i do know that the eye vision changes from what i have read on my medication sheets or a side affect on the verapamil [ i take 180mil.] and i take ineral 160 during the day i go see dr.mike today at 10'30a.m. and i have a whole list of quesrtions to ask him. i have learned to write them down so i dont forget . [ you are probly a male poster and you would think it was silly but he is really nice to look at thats why i write them down so i can keep my mind on the busnes at hand and he hads been a family friend since before my mom died in sept. i dont know that it has anything to do with your circulaton but the dizzyness and the vision problems are a side affect of of your meds..some thing you learn to live with to be on that medication. now are you experievnceing any tirdness [another sideaffect.] how is your iron are you on the low side?i take hemocyte plus because i am anemis and i have mvp. i hope i have been of some litle help. susan kay

Old 01-26-2007, 06:44 AM   #4
    Lenin
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

dinney,

The eye bproblems are very likely NOT from Lipitor, MAY be from the verapamil, but most liley are not from either since they seem to predate your use of either med...if I read your post correctly.

Closed Thread