It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• Tachycardia - Should I be worried

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-02-2007, 09:06 PM   #1
    Kandahar
    (male)

Kandahar HB User
    Tachycardia - Should I be worried

Hello,

I was ober my friends house tonight. He is studying medicine at university. Anyway, while there I wanted to se his stephoscope. I always was interested in them to see how they work etc.

Anyway, he gave it me and I used it to hear my heart. When I put it to my chest I was amazed at what I was hearing.

Around about 1.5 bps. My resting heart rate is about 100. This seems unbelievably high but I never considered it something to get checked out.

While I was over there he suggested that it could be this and I looked it up and some of the things it mentioned were interesting.

Something that may just be psycological, but I have a huge aversion to heat. I prefer being cold, could this be a mental thing that I have to combat it sub conscienously?

In addition, I doubt this has anything to do with it but may be a different problem (I am posting several health issues I have so if you look at all my posts I have made you will other posts I am making) but anyway, I have found that I sweat abnormal and excessive amounts when in heat (warmth heat, not sexually lol). High temperatures and exercise causes me to sweat. For instance warmups in football practice will cause me to sweat where it looks like I have dipped my head in a pool. Anyway, I am tracking from the point of this post. I will make a separate post about this, it was meerly to counter the heat aversion I have that could possibly be linked with tachycardia.

I am not sure of my training HR.

One final thing, I have terrible anxiety. I always feel like my heart is beating a mile a minute.

Other body problems:
    These are some of the factors in my life that could cause a number of things:
    I havent done physical exercise in a long time due to exams at university.
    I often only get 15 hours sleep a week (usually 2-3 hours a night) and will frequently go around 50 hours of without sleep.
    I can be sick, (vomit) whenever I want, this one is interesting and I will post more details on this later.
    Exessive sweating
    Aversion to high temperature
    High heart rate

Body specification (I have no idea what its called.)
    I am 18 year old
    I am approx 170-182pounds
    I am approx 6 foot tall
    I am white male
    I am working a lot, although now they are finished due to university exams

Thanks very much.

If you view my other posts you will see more I am about to write.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2007, 05:10 AM   #2
    Lenin
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
    Re: Tachycardia - Should I be worried

Your heart rate is at the upper normal level of an 18 year old's range.

Quote:
    The infant/neonatal rate of heartbeat is around 130-150 bpm, the toddler's about 100130 bpm, the older child's about 90110 bpm, and the adolescent's about 80100 bpm.
    Producing a lot of body heat is the result of a high metabolic rate...also normal for teens.

Don't worry, both will slow down as you age.

Old 02-04-2007, 01:52 AM   #3
    ROTY
    Inactive
    (male)

ROTY HB User

The good news is that your resting heart beat isn't in any dangerous category
    anything at or below 100 is considered realativly normal. If you experienced resting heart beats of 105, 110, 115 on a regular basis THEN you should see the doctor.

However, the bad news is that based on what you posted in your additional notes is that there is no wonder you have a heart beat that goes 100 times a minute.

-Less than 7 hours of sleep a night on a regular basis (particularly only a couple of hours of sleep) puts a lot of stress and wear and tear on the body. Your body needs at the very least five or six hours to even begin to be recharged and healed up both physically and mentally.

-Going 50 hours without sleep is incredibly dangerous and something that exposes you to all types of problems with your health. I am amazed you do not stay sick quite a bit as your immune system has to remain compromised from lack of rest.

-Reflex vomiting by your own choice is certainly interesting, however if it is normal as far as your own body is concerned it probably doesn't mean much besides the fact that you have a sick parlor trick. Though, I could be mistaken there.

-Anxiety can certainly add to your heart beating faster. The more you think about your heart beating fast or abnormally then the more it will. It is a psychological thing. For instance, I have palpitations from time to time. As a result I check my pulse habitually, and the longer I take to check, the more my beats add up as my heart speeds up as I think about it.

However, when I check my blood pressure, whether via machine or manually from another person, my heart rate is usually much slower because I am not able to track my pulse while it is in the process of being checked. Therefore my mind goes away from it and I am unable to stress over it (and cause my heart rate to increase.)

You also sound like a workaholic, which also tends to put stress on your body.

I honestly believe your heart would slow down a good bit if you just relaxed more and got more rest.

I hope someone can help you out on the massive sweating, though I would wager that it has to do with your restless and stress filled lifestyle as well.

Though, just remember that your heart rate, as it stands now, is pretty much a high end normal. Try taking more time to relax (and certainly REST) and I would bet your heart rate and stress levels come down in tandem.

Keep everyone posted.

Old 02-04-2007, 06:39 AM   #4
    Kandahar
    (male)

Kandahar HB User

Hello,

Thanks for your messages.

It was very informative.

I am going to see the doctor on friday about some of these problems.

The vomiting of my own accord isnt done to 'lose weight' or because I have a weight problem. Because I dont, its just that if I want to I can.

I can just control it thats all.

Thanks again.

Old 02-23-2007, 05:02 AM   #5
    hongyan
    (female)

hongyan HB User

I'm 20 years old, female, otherwise seemingly very healthy according to the doc on Wednesday, 125 lbs at 5'5'', but my heart beat while sitting down seems to fluctuate between 91 bpm (most of the time in the low to mid 90s) and 104 bpm (highest, happened about 2 or 3 times when I was somewhat stressed). Is this okay?
    I am under a lot of stress lately and have had a bad diet recently.

Closed Thread