It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• Those with Tachycardia

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-03-2007, 09:55 AM   #1
    ww23river
    (female)

ww23river HB User
    Those with Tachycardia

Just curious about when you get an episode of tachycardia...does your heart rate just go into a fast mode out of the blue...like a your normal heart rate and then boom boom boom boom...and how long does your heart rate stay fast? like a minute or could it be hours?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2007, 04:33 PM   #2
    MrsPM
    (female)

MrsPM HB User
    Re: Those with Tachycardia

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ww23river View Post
    Just curious about when you get an episode of tachycardia...does your heart rate just go into a fast mode out of the blue...like a your normal heart rate and then boom boom boom boom...and how long does your heart rate stay fast? like a minute or could it be hours?
    My tachycardia can come on out of the blue. Usually this happens when I wake up in the middle of the night. My heart beats really fast then gradually slows down. How long it lasts all depends. I've had episodes of tachycardia that lasted for 24 hours and some that only lasted a few minutes. Most of the time it only lasts a few minutes, but it's not uncommon for me to have episodes that go on for a couple hours.

Old 03-04-2007, 05:42 AM   #3
    kylie541
    (female)

kylie541 HB User
    Re: Those with Tachycardia

I have IST so my heart rate is fast most of the day and I have attacks on top of this. The attacks begin with a thud and can last hours and I have left exceptionally fatigued and with chest pain.

Closed Thread