It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• CONSTANT Heart Palps!!! ANNOYING!!!!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-14-2007, 05:11 PM   #1
    Tommy2004
    (male)

Tommy2004 HB User
    Question CONSTANT Heart Palps!!! ANNOYING!!!!!!

Hello.
    I have been getting random heart palps since I was about 27, im 32 now.
    I consider myself pretty healthy, im not overweight, i dont really drink, i do smoke cigs but not that much.

The past few months, off and on, I have been getting much more annoying heart palps. Basically my heart beats normal for about 10 beats then it feels like it stops, and one big beat hits, like its offtrack or something. Then it goes back to normal then about 10-20 seconds later it thumps again.

My pulse rate is always pretty normal and my blood pressure is a little high 130/75 but my doc says that fairly normal.

This continues sometimes ALL day long, i sleep fine at nights but soon as i wake up and get in the shower and think to myself "hey, i havent had a skipped beat yet" i get a skipped thumping beat.

Also lately i have been getting a little dizzy/lightheaded throughout the day.

It seems when i think about the palps/dizzyness/lightheadness it gets worse, if im really busy at work i typically dont have any palps etc... its just when im idle and i think about it.

Also they seem to definitly be worse during/after I eat. I really believe acid reflux has something to do with the palps.

Anyways, just wondering if anyone else had similar sypmtoms??

Thanks,
    Tommy

Last edited by Tommy2004; 03-14-2007 at 05:15 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2007, 01:12 AM   #2
    Holner72324
    (male)

Holner72324 HB User
    Re: CONSTANT Heart Palps!!! ANNOYING!!!!!!

I've had many of the same symptoms, like dizziness and palpitations.

You're right when you say thinking about them can bring them on. I've had that happen 100 times.

Sometimes when I get lightheaded it lasts all day too, and it only goes away by the time I wake up.

Stress often brings on my dizziness, or if I get bad news about something. It will be like somebody dropped a piano on me, then the dizziness starts. Often the dizziness and palpitations do not seem to go on at the same time.

If they get too annoying atenolol can help. I was on that for a time. It will slow down your heart rate too.

Best,
    Holner

Closed Thread